At that very moment the door opened and resounded with its usual chime, and Amy looked up to see Sonic step in, lowering his hood as he looked around at them. After standing in silence for a few seconds, he cleared his throat. 

"Hello, young ladies, I've come to pick up my lass' order." He deepened his voice as though he were trying to disguise it for some reason, adding a completely unnecessary fail foreign accent of some sort. Either way, Amy knew how to play along. 

"Oh yes, Mr. Hedgehog. Your order is in the back. Come with me, please," She said as she abandoned Issy and walked towards her workroom. He followed without any questions from the twins, and when they arrived, she made sure that they hadn't followed before she turned to him. 

"What are you doing?" She whisper-scolded. "If you saw that they were in there, you shouldn't have walked in!" 

"Sorry, Ames. But I've come to fetch you and we don't have much time." He smiled excitedly, earning a questioning look from her. 

"Fetch me? What?" 

"Mother wants you to join us for dinner." 

Her face flushed. "I couldn't possibly--" 

"Come on, grumpy face Shadow won't be there, he's off visiting someone. It'll just be me, mom, and my younger brother, maybe a few others. They both like you, and they won't let you feel out of place." 

"S-Sonic, no, I can't--" 

"Please?" He dragged out the word, giving her a fail puppy face. She sighed, failing at trying to hide away her smile. 

"Fine, whatever. Wait for me out back like usual and I'll be there in a minute." She pulled a dress covering off one of the shelves and threw it at him to continue their charade. 

They walked out, and Sonic bowed to the girls as he passed. 

"What excellent service! My compliments to the chef! Chap chap cheerio and all that!" He threw a finger into the air like some fail of an old posh Victorian aristocrat as he walked out through the doors and disappeared around the corner. The twins simply stared after him. 

"Chef?" Issy asked with a tilt of her head. "Did you like, bake his order?" 

Amy stifled a laugh as she took the dress off of Issy, who still wore her clothes underneath, and then folded it and tucked it away. 

"Well, I'm done for the day, so.. I'm going to take a late lunch break and go take a nap in my room." Amy said naturally as she continued to put her things away. 

"Lunch? It's like, dinner." Mari replied as she filed away at her nails. "But do whatever your weird peasant brain tells you to do, I guess." 

--  

"I look like the peasant I am," Amy complained in disgust with herself as she stood in the foyer next to Sonic. Compared to all the austere grandeur decor around her, she felt small and dusty in her plain tan dress and worn-out flats. He had just set her down after running all the way there, and her quills were wildly wind-blown. 

"Nonsense, Amy!" Sonic turned to her with a smile. "You're perfect and I wouldn't change you or your clothes, nor a single quill on your head." 

As much as Amy should have been enchanted, she still made a face as she attempted to straighten out her quills and pulled them over her shoulders. "You're not embarrassed by me?" 

Sonic seemed to be taken aback, having physically leaned back and given her a strange look. "What? Of course not. Why would I--" 

He was interrupted by someone clearing their throat, and the duo turned to face one of the servants who had approached them. The young woman looked between them carefully before turning to Sonic.