Target Practice

As you reached the top floor, you pause to examine the door.

You had done a lot more physical activity for longer without getting tired. A flight of stairs was no contest.

Once you reach the door, you see it was padlocked. Wrapped up three or four times in thick iron chains and bound together with a strong band of steel. It might take a few minutes to unwrap it by hand.

You take a second, then bring up in your hand a single candle, burning a deep black flame.

You bring it up to your lips, and lightly blow.

A billowing cloud of flames spread out, and it ended up melting the chain. And the lock. And the door. And the surrounding wall.

You step through the now slag and proceed to the sort of balcony. It overlooked the scene, and the odds were set out plainly.

They 5 wizards from Fairy The were surrounded by 20 or 30 mages from the dark guild. Quality might be in our favor, but Quantity was certainly in theirs.

You duck down behind the railing, to reduce their ability to see you. Then, your holding a small satilite dish, with a single lacrima in the center, jagged and pointed outward from the dish. As you point the dish, a pair of headphones covers your ears.

"Those blasted kids at it again." You hear a man say. His tone seemed resigned, as if this was a common occurrence.

You hear other such people, each saying things like "That's the third ones this month", "I almost feel sorry for them", and "If only someone could beat them."

That was when you finally hear a round of laughter, coming from the ring around Lucy and the others. That was when you lost your patience.

Now the satellite was a rifle, with a long scope on it.

As you bring it up, you focus on the one in red leather. He had pulled rank before you had used the stairs, but it could be he was just the loudest mouth.

Just as you move to the trigger, you sigh. They wouldn't appreciate you blowing the guy's head to bits. But then he raised his hand. "Jackpot." You think, and only then your finger flexes.

Lucy POV

As he brought his hand up, a horrible bang rang through the station. A scream rang out close after, and the station cleared out in nothing flat.

But the most horrible detail was the guy's reaction. He lifted up his hand, and looked at the palm. You could see his eyes through it. A clean, round hole, cut in the middle of his hand. But that was the only emotion he expressed at all. And more importantly.. There was no blood. Not a drop.

He turned back to look at where the bullet came from..

Your POV.

Holy crud. He didn't even blink. You had shot a clean hole through his hand, and nothing. He was just stareing at it, like a picture a small child drew.

Then he turned to look at you. As you get a closer look at his face through the scope, you see his almost blue eyes turning black.

"So that's how your gonna play?" You ask, before moving to the center of his nose, and fire another round.

His head jerked back, and his form collapsed... right through the floor. His body melted right through the floor, leaving only a shadowy stain on the floor, and the fresh sent of pine.

You almost laugh. "You certainly are a tricksy mark, aren't you?" You say playfully, before you get to work.

You move around the circle, slowly putting a bullet through each of the creatures, until you hear a crunching sound behind you.