She stares at me with her signature Are you sure? Don't play games with me look. "Then why did he have his arm around you??" she questions, not giving up.

"Tal, that was within the first ten minutes of meeting him!" For some reason I don't feel comfortable talking about this with Axel in the driver's seat, listening to every word in our conversation.

"And your point is?" She rolls her eyes. "It could've been love at first sight like Romeo and Juliet!" To dramatize the moment, she sighs dramatically and clasps her hands together.

"Yeah, most definitely," I drawl sarcastically. "He's good-looking and all but we're just friends," I assure her.

"Hmmm..." Talie taps her finger on her chin and looks at me for a couple more seconds before turning back around in the passenger's seat.

Axel doesn't say anything, which, if I know him, isn't a good thing since he's never at a loss for words. He seems to be deep in thought from his facial expression, but I can't read him.

"So...what are we even buying?" I wonder aloud.

"Whatever the hell we want. We're in L.A., the options are practically endless," Tal says back.

"I don't know, maybe I'll only window shop. I should be saving up my money for a car and everything." I start to reconsider my earlier decision.

"Okay, you should know by now that if you go to the mall with Natalie Parker in frickin Los Angeles, it sure as hell won't be to window shop. I mean, come on Esme! We have to live, have fun! We're in fucking college!" She points out.

"I guess you're right..." By this point Axel has parked and we've arrived at the biggest mall in L.A. "But I'm not spending too much!" I remind her as she practically drags me out of the car.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." A grin the size of California is painted on Talie's face. By the way she's smiling, it seems as if tonight is going to put a huge gap in my wallet.

The entrance of the mall is simply amazing. There are what seems like glass crystal panels that act as the mall windows. It looks especially beautiful because it's the nighttime, making them glitter in the moonlight. Talie and I seem to be frozen and stuck in our spots when Axel finally breaks his silent streak and cuts us out of our trance.

"Try not to catch any flies princesses, it's only a mall." He laughs at our incredulity.

I close my mouth immediately and give him what I hope looks like a playful glare. Talie is now more excited than ever and can't seem to form any coherent thoughts as we make our way toward the extravagant entrance.

Inside is just as beautiful, if not even more breathtaking. There are lights that decorate the railings, lighting up the mall in spite of the time of day.

"This is so overwhelming," Talie remarks, finally breaking out of her trance.

"I know right?" I agree completely. "Where do we even start???"

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, to come with you guys," Axel runs his hands through his hair nervously.

"Oh, man up big brother!" Talie says, punching him in the arm. "This is going to be so much fun!" She rubs her hands together in glee.

I take a thorough look at my surroundings. There's literally every store you could every imagine, all in this one mall. Forever 21, Express, Wet Seal, Guess, New York & Company, Tilly's, H&M, Macy's, JC Penney, Urban Outfitters, A&F, and much, MUCH more.

"Let's look around first maybe to know what these stores have to offer," Axel suggests.

"Okay," Talie and I both agree.