2

Newt and Minho looked up but Thomas didn't. He was still crying, his hands in his hair, gripping them tightly.

Both the boys who had looked up glared at Teresa but she ignored them and proceeded into the room.

"Tom" she breathed. Thomas quickly looked up, his eyes red from crying, tears still flowing down his cheeks.

From where Teresa stood she could clearly see the pain and hurt in Thomas's eyes. In an instant, Teresa knew why Thomas was crying. "Tom look........." Teresa started but Thomas cut her off. "Don't", his voice shook as he quickly wiped the tears from his eyes. "Just please leave, leave me alone! Don't hurt me anymore, I am begging you. Please. Stop it".

As soon as Thomas finished speaking, he turned his head and stared at the wall behind her. A single tear escaped his eyes, reached his chin and fell down, betraying him. Seeing him like this broke Teresa's heart. After a while she spoke in a shaky voice filled with emotions, "Tom, please, just listen to me once. Just give me one chance to explain, please. I am not here to hurt you. Just listen to me and I swear I will make things right". Teresa was pleading Thomas, that was clear in her voice but instead of making Thomas listen to her, it only angered him and he stood up suddenly then shouted, "What? What will you do? How will you make things right? Huh? Tell me! By saying more hurtful things or by kissing someone else?" Thomas finished, breathing heavily.

"Tom please!" Teresa said, now crying herself. In an instant she was in front of Thomas, grabbing him by the front of his shirt, trying desperately to make him listen to her. "I am sorry Tom, I am so so so sorry! Please believe me. I have already told you Tom, I didn't do it willingly. They forced me to do it. Thomas you are my best friend, why aren't you believing me? Please believe me! I love you and I wouldn't have done anything like this to you if I had a choice but they said they would kill you Tom! They would have killed you!" Teresa finished, breaking down. With every word her throat became closed up and she was sobbing hard.
"It would have been better than this", Thomas said quietly.

Teresa couldn't say anything but she managed a, "What?"

"Dying", Thomas said. "Dying would have been better than this pain. You should have let them kill me".

"Don't say that Tom, please! How can you think that I would've let them kill you? I couldn't have lived with myself if they had killed you. I love you Tom. I already told you that".

"How? How can I trust you now? How can I believe that you are telling the truth and not playing some game to hurt me more? Because that is what you were doing from the very start. How can I?"

"Because that's what we do Tom. We have done it from the time we first met, even before the maze. We trust each other, protect, support and have faith in each other. You may not remember it Tom, but I do, I always have. Just before we had our memories wiped, you promised me something. You promised that we would always stay that way. Friends. You promised that nothing or no one could change the thing we had. No experiment, no trial, no person. Heck! Not even a memory wipe", Teresa stopped and looked with those gorgeous clear blue eyes at Thomas and said, "Keep your promise Tom, don't break it, please or it would kill me", Teresa's voice only a whisper at the end.

They stood there for a long time, their bodies so close that they could practically hear each others heart beat, Teresa still clutching the front of Thomas's shirt, staring into each others eyes. Thomas didn't know what to do. Teresa's eyes were so sincere that Thomas almost believed her but he had already learned it earlier that she was an extremely good actor. But something told Thomas that she wasn't lying this time, that she was telling the truth. Thomas didn't understand how but he just knew it. So after a long pause he told her what he had told Newt and Minho earlier, "It hurts so much", tears making their way into his eyes.

I know and I am sorry, Teresa said softly in his mind. Thomas stared deeper into her beautiful orbs. Her hair framing her face, making her look beautiful than ever.

Then aloud, "I don't know what else to say Tom but I really am very sorry". She was putting so much emphasis on the last three words that Thomas finally believed her.

"You wont do it again? Will you?" Thomas asked.

"I don't know Tom", she said, and Thomas couldn't believe he was hearing this. But then she continued, "I am not going to lie but if it means protecting you, I will do it again. I will do whatever it takes, even it means that I have to let you go but I want you to trust and believe me Tom and I promise I will avoid doing something like this again at all costs. I will even give my life if it means saving you but if that doesn't work, I will do what I have to do".

Thomas sure was shocked to hear her confess that she would do it again if it means protecting him but hearing her saying the truth and not lying made Thomas sure that she was being honest and somehow it made it easier for Thomas to forgive Teresa.
Thomas nodded and smiled at Teresa. A small smile made its way to Teresa face as well, enhancing her beauty.
"So you forgive me?" Teresa asked hopefully. Thomas nodded and breathed a quite 'yeah'. Teresa leaned up and kissed Thomas. Thomas found himself getting lost in the blissful world of Teresa, where there was no Flare, no scorching sun, no experiments, no trials, no Maze, no betrayal, no hurt and the best of all, no deaths.
Teresa found her hands in Thomas's hair and Thomas pulled her closer, one hand on her cheek, the second on her back.
Minho and Newt didn't like the fact that Thomas forgave Teresa so easily. She still had the power to hurt Thomas but they didn't let their dislike come in the way of their best friend's love life. Newt looked at Minho and Minho at Newt, they both smirked at Thomas and Teresa then left the room quietly, leaving the two love birds alone, all the while thinking about what had just happened. Although, in case of Minho it was about ways to hurt Teresa if she hurt his best friend again. While Newt wondered about how easily Thomas forgave Teresa and concluded that maybe it was love.