Jungkook chuckled, “aigoo, love has really made you stupid, Hyung. I barely recognize the new you.”

“Yah, don’t get cocky just because you haven’t loved anyone yet. When the time comes, you’ll be as cheesy as I am.”

“That won’t happen.” Jungkook slouched against the wall, just the way Taehyung did. Both of these young men staring at the copy of Vermeer’s The Music Lesson painting. Jungkook glanced at his hyung and nudged his elbow.

“Eung?” Taehyung glanced back.

“I’ll help Hyung win that girl’s heart.”

“How?”

Jungkook stretched out his arms and then crossed them, “I’ll act as a bad guy who is going to rob her. And you, Hyung, will pretend to save her. That way, she will instantly fall for your gallantry.”

Taehyung chuckled in disbelief, “aigoo… my sweet dongsaeng must’ve watched too much Kdramas.” He shook his head, feeling ridiculous. “I saved her in the club, but she wasn’t impressed at all.”

“That’s Hyung’s mistake. At that time we were the bad guys. We barged into the club and made a mess there. We scared the hell out of them.”

Taehyung smirked and stared at the ceiling of Bangtan Boys headquarter. “Okay, let’s see if Tiffany will fall for your cheesy plan or not.”

…………………………………………….....

Jungkook and Taehyung waited until Tiffany showed up near the alley to her house. The night was cloudy and one of the street lamps went off. Perfect! Jungkook would pretend to rob her, while Taehyung watched in his car, waiting for his cue to save Tiffany. As much as hilarious the plan might look like, Taehyung must admit that he wanted this plan to work. He only hoped that Tiffany didn’t like to watch Kdramas and wouldn’t easily see through their silly plan.

As soon as Tiffany entered the alley, Jungkook grabbed her wrist. “Give me your money!” He shouted while quickly slid a pointed object onto her back (it was only a pen).

Tiffany was staggered backward. She felt a scream rising up in her chest. “I… I don’t have any money.” She stuttered.

Jungkook tried to haul Tiffany’s clutch. “Then give me your purse.”

“No, please, don’t.” Tiffany was so scared her tears almost fell down her cheeks.

Taehyung knew it was his cue. He quickly got out of his car.

“Hey, leave her alone!” He punched Jungkook.

Jungkook tottered backward, but he easily found his grip. He spontaneously punched Taehyung in revenge.

Tiffany shrieked in terror.

It seemed that Taehyung locked Jungkook under his armpit, but actually he was whispering to his dongsaeng, “quick, leave.”

Jungkook nodded. Taehyung unlocked his grip around Jungkook’s neck. Jungkook scrambled to his feet and ran.

Taeyeon secretly watched them from afar. That girl was going to buy some beer at the nearby convenience store when she shockingly saw affray between those two men while Tiffany held her clutch to her chest and looked really terrified.

“Are you hurt?” Tiffany touched Taehyung’s elbow gingerly when she saw that guy was panting.

Taehyung wiped off beads of sweat on his chin. He looked at Tiffany and smiled, “are you?”

But before Tiffany had a chance to reply, Taeyeon had approached her and coldly said, “I’ve called the police. They’ll be after that robber.” She turned off her phone and put it back into her pocket.

“Oh, Tae!” Tiffany instantly hugged Taeyeon in relief.

Taehyung was startled, “no, you don’t need to do that. He’s gone. Police will only make things complicated. That guy didn’t take anything, right?” Taehyung looked at Tiffany.

“Why are you defending that mugger?” Taeyeon gazed at Taehyung suspiciously. “Are you trying to protect him?”

“Taeyeon-ah,” Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon. “Why are you talking like that? Taehyung has just saved me.”

“Fany-ah, don’t let yourself be fooled so easily. I knew that guy. I saw him with this guy,” Taeyeon gave Taehyung a nasty look, “when they made a mess in the club.”

Taehyung sighed. No wonder that girl looked familiar. Taeyeon was the bar waitress he had seen at the club that night. She was the one who made a phone call.

“Is that… is that true?” Tiffany stood with mouth agape. She looked at Taeyeon and Taehyung alternately.

Taehyung bit his lip. “Mianhae.”

“What? Why? Why are you doing this?” Tiffany looked really confused.

Taehyung couldn’t stand seeing her staring at him like he had betrayed her trust. He looked away.

Taeyeon broke the silence between them. “I don’t know who you are and what you want from Tiffany, but I strongly suggest you and your friend to leave her alone. Please don’t harass Tiffany anymore.”

It felt as if Taeyeon’s words pierced through his chest, “I just….”

Tiffany had already looked away. []