"They allowed dating relationships, but they strongly discouraged people being attached to only one person."

"Thats awful."

He just nodded, and had a sad look. It unsettled me.

I frowned, "You okay?"

He glanced up at me and took a step back, "I'm fine."

I knew he was lying, but he clearly didn't want to talk about it.

"Well we better get going, yeah?" I asked changing the subject.

He gave me a nod and followed me out.

We reached the elevator and got down to the lobby, as I reached the exit, Roger scanned a card next to the door and I pushed it open, stepping outside.

I stopped as I had no idea where I was going.

The corner of his lips twitched, "This way," pointing to right.

"I knew that."

"Of course you did," His tone oozed sarcasm.

"How would you know if I did or didn't"

"Oh I don't know. You've only been here for a week, you're from an entirely diferent planet," He ticked his fingers.

He got me there.

I decided to simply look forward, not replying.

He chuckled, "That's what I thought."

I ignored him.

We walked down the street for a few minutes before reaching tall pillars encircling a large white building. Vines wrapped along the height of the columns and artfully laid out bushes swirled along the path.

Hundreds of other pairs of people all walked inside.

"Roger, what's this going to be about?" I asked suddenly worried. What if they want to hurt me?

"Probably just an informative meeting. Explaining why your here, what rules you'll have to follow and all that," he smiled trying to reassure me.

I bit my lip, still a little nervous.

We strolled through a large set of doors, entering the building.

The Auditorium was huge. It was painted dark blue, and had rows of wooden seats, all occupied by thousands of other couples.

Most of the girls had a really nervous expression. Understandable.

I looked up and saw a stage with about ten men in white robes sitting in regal thrones. Looking around at the crowd I noticed each couple matched. If the guy wore purple, then his 'partner' would wear the purple. If he wore black, she would wear black too.

Looking to Roger, I took notice of his constant color choice for the first time. He wore black, same as me.

"Why are we wearing black?" I asked him.

"We wear black because of our rank in society."

"Whats our rank?" I asked, curious.

"Well, there are ten ranks. One being the weakest rank, ten being the most powerful. Black sybolizes rank nine. The higher the rank your are, the more respected you are."

"Huh? So how do you get highly ranked, or lowly?"

"I'll tell you about it later. First we need to find a seat before the meeting starts."

I nodded, following him.

We found two seats next to each other, and sat down. I looked to my left, and noticed that I was sitting next to Emiliana.