The Night of Betryal

Start from the beginning

"Don't come any closer!" I shouting, backing away from him.

"Be quiet, you'll wake up Lana." Ben said, trying to come closer and I continued to move back.

"Why are you covered in blood?! What happened?! What did you do?!" I continued shouting.

"I did what I had to." he responded calmly, thankfully stopping and not moving any closer.

"What exactly did you have to do?" I asked.

"Join me Jayde. I can take you and Lana with me. We can live our lives the way we want. As a family who loves each other, no rules to abide by." Ben told me.

"I have a family and I thought you were apart of it. What are you trying to tell me? Get to the point and tell me what you did!" I yelled, and it seemed that Lana was waking up.

She rubbed her eyes and slowly stood up, "Why are you yelling?" she asked and saw the situation at hand, "What is going on?"

"That's what I'm trying to get him to tell me. Grab your Lightsaber and stand behind me." I told her.

Being the nervous type she is, Lana quickly picked up her Lightsaber and stood behind me. She wrapped her arms around me and pressed her head into my back. The poor thing is probably scared out of her mind.

"Please Ben. What are you doing?" Lana asked, peeking her head out to look at him. Tears were forming in her eyes.

Ben sighed, wiping his face with his sleeve. The blood smeared even further on his face. "Come and join the dark side. I can protect the both of you and make sure nothing bad happens to you." I couldn't believe it.

"You want us to become a Sith. Did you see what it caused grandfather? It caused him a lifetime of pain and sorrow. I understand you love Lana, but don't do this for power and greed. You can be perfectly safe with us and we will love you no matter what." I tried to reason.

"It's too late. It's you either come or you get as far away as possible." At least Ben gave us options.

"I-I can't come with you Ben. I love you Ben, but I can't betray my mom and all the people that saved me." Lana gained her courage and said to him.

"I guess this is it." Ben said, looking down at the ground, "Go and run as far as you can."

"I love you Ben. Never forget that." I told my brother.

"I know. That's why I want to save you both. Now please go." he turned around and walked the other way.

I knew in that moment that it was the last time I was going to see my brother. He's officially gone. Even though he killed those people, he still had the decency to save Lana and I. What about uncle Luke?

"Come on, let's go." Lana said pulling on my hand.

We both ran until we couldn't hear anything from the camp. I knew a cave on the planet where no one could find us. It definitely worked when I wanted to be alone. We stayed there until the next morning.

It wasn't until we saw the Millennium Falcon that we knew we were safe. Coming out of the ship was my mom, dad, Chewie, and Maz. Lana ran towards Maz while I ran towards my parents.

They both wrapped their arms around my tightly. I sobbed into my father's chest and he petted my hair. Chewie came over and pulled me into him, giving me a mouth full of fur. I chuckled a little as I pulled away.

"Are the two okay?" my mom asked Lana and I.

"Physically yes, but mentally no." I responded.

I saw Lana shutter and I knew she was the one who was affected the most. Sure he was my brother, but him and Lana had a stronger bond. I could feel it. He loved her just as much as she loved him. She tried to fight it, but he didn't.

"And what about Luke? Do you know where he is?" my father asked and both Lana and I shook our heads no, "Well that's great. For all we know he's dead too."

"Dead too?" Lana asked, "Who else is dead?"

All the adults gave Lana a sympathetic look, "All the young padawans, honey." Maz told her.

Lana then broke down in tears and Maz held onto her tightly. Even though Lana was bigger than Maz, she was still Maz's little girl.

"How? How could he do it? That's not him." Lana sobbed.

"You're right. It's not." my mom said and we all turned to look at her, "That young man you saw yesterday was neither your brother or friend. That was someone else, someone horrible."

Authors Note:
Sorry to leave you guys. Let me know if you want me to create the Jayde and Poe story that will match up with this story line as well.

Also the next chapter will start the beginning of The Force Awakens. It's more than likely going to start in the middle where they are at the cantina, so yeah.