The Night of Betryal

(3rd Person POV)
It was a quiet night when it occurred. Everyone was sleeping except for Ben, who had snuck out into the night with his Lightsaber in hand. He looked down at it, and he knew what he was about to do was wrong. But that wasn't going to stop him.

The only padawans he didn't want to hurt were his sister and Lana. The two of them meant so much to him. Even though a Jedi wasn't supposed to grow attachments, Ben had an attachment to Jayde and Lana. He loved them and couldn't find the means to hurt either one of them.

He ran to the cabin that the two girls shared since they were the oldest. He quietly crept in and made his way towards Lana. He didn't want to wake his sister because she would loose her mind and make a big scene. Once Ben reached Lana, he slowly lifted her out of her bed. With the small girl in his arms, Ben made his way out of the cabin. Lana stirred a little bit, but she stayed quiet and asleep.

Once he was outside, he went to the woods. He placed Lana down against a tree and tried to wake her. To no avail did she wake up, so Ben decided to kiss her forehead.

Lana's eyes slowly opened to see Ben in front of her. She looked around, trying to figure out where she was. She also wanted to know why Ben had brought her out here.

"What is this Ben? Why are we in the woods? And why did you wake me up in the middle of the night? Did your sister set this up?" Lana rambled, angry and confused.

"No she didn't." Ben sighed, "I'm about to do something really bad and I want you to stay here."

"Why? What are you planning on doing?" Lana asked. She was definitely freaking out.

"I can't tell you that, but I don't want you to get hurt. I care about you too much to see you suffer." Ben told her.

"So you plan on hurting your sister? What are you going to do about her?" Lana continued. She really wanted to know what was going on because it seemed that Ben was jumping around the answer.

"If you stay here, I will go get her. Just please stay here. I beg of you, please stay put." Ben said, getting up and making his way to go and get Jayde.

Lana sat there against the tree, thinking about all the things Ben said. What could he possibly be doing that was so bad? Her thoughts spun around in her head, making it seem like she was driving herself to insanity.

After a few minutes Lana saw a tall figure walking her way. It was Ben and he held Jayde in his arms. He placed her right beside Lana and dropped two Lightsabers. If Lana had lost her Lightsaber, she would feel like she lost a part of her family she never knew.

"I need you to keep an eye on Jayde. Stay here and I'll be back when this is all over." Ben said, and then ran off again.

Lana was so confused, but she had no energy to fight. She sat there against the tree and felt her eyes closing. In a matter of seconds she was asleep again, leaning against Jayde. To calm Lana down, it was best that she didn't hear the screams of small children she called her friends.

(Jayde's POV)
I woke up and I felt someone on top of me. I looked and saw Lana, who was dead asleep. Wait, how did she end up on top of me? I looked around and saw that we were in the woods. I gently pushed Lana off of me, trying not to wake her up, and stood up.

I saw mine and Lana's Lightsaber and I picked mine up. I stood in a protective stance and looked around, taking survey of my surroundings. I heard a rustle and snapped around towards the noise. I saw a figure coming my way and I turned on my Lightsaber in defense.

"Relax Jayde, it's just me." I heard the voice of my brother.

As he came closer the green light of my Lightsaber emitted onto his face. I saw that his hands and face had blood all over them. What did he do?