Epilogue

Hansel, a handsome 17 year old boy, first met Bryan at a puppet show. He had been beaten up by Carlen and his gang, a group of idiotic bullies, who think their cool, but in reality, are just a bunch of baboons, scratching their heads while they try to figure out whether they could digest a rock.

He was being treated by his sister, a smart girl, two years younger than him. She had lectured him about getting into fights, but swore to bash Carlen into a pulp if he touched Bryan again.

To say the least, Hansel had been impressed by her bravery as she marched up to Garl, a friend of Carlen's, and shoved him in the chest after he laughed at Bryan. Garl hadn't had time to respond as she marched away to cheers from the other children.

After the crowd parted and went to find their seats as the show was to begin in little time, Hansel took his sisters hand and led her to them. The boy had been first to look up, nudging the girl as she tied the laces on her shoes.

'Are you one of them baboons?' She had asked fiercely, before settling down as he shook his head.

'No, I just wanted to comment on your bravery, standing up to Carlen and Garl. Not many would do that, especially a girl.' Hansel had explained as his sister introduced herself to a passing girl.

'Are you saying that girls are weak and lil' scaredy cats?' She growled, her soft hazel eyes forming into a glare.

'What? No- I'm just saying, it was unexpected.' The brown haired boy had tried to calm her down.

Just as the girl was about to retort, Gretel stepped in, saving her brothers butt.

'Sorry, my brother's... Not the best at making friends. My names Gretel and this is my brother, Hansel.' She had introduced herself and her brother, giving him a look which had said 'Your welcome'.

The other boy, the one with black hair and a build which many girls would fawn over, shakes Gretels hand.

'My name is Bryan, and this is my sister, Vivian. She may come across harsh at first, but she'll calm down and soften.' He said, oblivious to Hansel's sigh of relief. He had thought the two were dating. But the fact that they weren't somehow made him feel stronger.

Vivian slapped Bryan's arm as his dark, chocolate eyes swim with amusement.

'Well at least I could beat one of Carlen's minion, all of them if I had too. You couldn't throw a punch if your life depended on it, despite your muscles. Your fists would miss its target by a meter.' She snorted.

'Excuse me, bu-' Bryan was cut off by another slap from from his sister.

'Shut up, the shows about to start.'

Hansel took his sisters arm again and they ran to their seats, watching from the distance as Vivian and Bryan pinched each other, but kept their mouths shut, watching the show whilst fighting.

_______________________________

The four were sitting on a riverbank three months later, laughing and talking as they skimmed rocks across the clear water top, ripples destroying the calm current.

Vivian was leaning into Hansel, her best friend by far. He understood her more than anyone besides her own brother. T
She had the slightest crush on Hansel, though she would never admit it, afraid of what would happen to their friendship.

'You know, it would be awesome to see Carlen's expression if you smashed him in a fight, Vivian.' Gretel giggles, thowing another pebble into the river.

'Yeah, he would be raging. After he finishes wailing and calling to his mother.' Bryan jokes, causing everyone to laugh except Vivian, who was staring out to no where, a thoughtful glint in her eyes.