Chapter 7

Hailey's POV

I wake up late. Shocker. I figure that now is not the time to go to Talia's to get my phone back so I reach for my laptop and check Facebook. There' s a message from Sam. Much to my surprise, I struggle with what I should do. Should I answer him? Block him? I roll my eyes and exhale deeply letting my body sink even more into the bed.

His message is somewhat aggressive "Why the fuck did you send me a friend request?" What a charm. Well I guess I deserved that. He hadn't accepted my friend request yet but I decided to answer him anyways. "Wondered how daddy and mommy were" I delete the message before I send it, that would be cruel of me to send him something like that, specially under my circumstances. "So?" he types to me. Was he really waiting for an answer? A bit desperate I'd say. "I don't really need to give you explanations" I send back. "Funny how you still think you can act however you want to." he responds. Damn he's feisty today. "Well I can.. That's the whole point" "The whole point? What does that even mean?" "It means that when Dylan died I realized two things, one that life is a shitty thing no matter what you do and two that I might as well do whatever the hell I want to since we're all gonna die anyways." Why am I sharing so much with this guy? I barely know him. "That's a bit cynical don't you think?" Cynical? No way. "It's just the truth." I reply "Everyone has different truths." Where did he get this from? Tumblr? "Oh really? What's yours then?" "Why would I tell you that? I hardly know you" "You know me well enough" I say not believing those words myself "Ha that's funny. Every time we've talked you were rude to me and made me feel like shit. This is the first time we're 'really' talking" Well he's not wrong... Not that I'd ever admit it though "Oh come on that's not fair. I 'make you feel like shit'? Hardly. Besides I'm not even that rude to you." "You're joking right now, right? You can't honestly tell me that you don't think you're rude to me. Literally every time I try to talk to you you tell me to fuck off. How is that not being rude?" "Well fine I guess that's true... But it's your fault for bringing up Dylan all the time." It's true. He doesn't have any right to bring up Dylan, and neither does anyone else for that matter. "Well excuse me if I wanted to be nice to you. Clearly it's something you're not capable of." Ouch. What's gotten into him lately? "Well somebody's in a mood today... Again." "I am not in a mood. Not in any mood at all actually. I'm perfectly fine. If anyone is in a mood here it's you, not me." Is he high? I am being as nice as I possibly can to him right now, how can he claim that I am in a mood? "Now you're the one that has to be joking right now. I am being nicer to you than I am to anyone. Ever. Seriously ask whoever you want to." I playfully reply to him. Well at least in my head it sounded playful. Wait why am even I being playful with him? "Like who your friends? Do you even have any?" I can't tell if he's joking or genuinely asking. "I could ask you the same thing... But for your information yes I do have friends." "Are they real friends or just people you hang out with?" What an odd question. "Does it matter?" "Well.. Yes, it kinda does." "You ask me so many questions yet you don't answer any yourself" "I don't have to answer anything to you" "Well technically neither do I" "Then why do you?" Good question actually. Why am I answering all these questions? "Honestly I'm not sure" as I press send I hear a knock on the door followed by my dad yelling at me to come downstairs "COMING"

"Who was it?" I ask my dad when I get there "Your friend, Tania....Taylor whatever? She was here and dropped off your phone" He says handing me the phone "Cool thanks and by the way her name is Talia" I should text her later thanking her. Who am I kidding we all know that's never gonna happen. "How do you know her?" I hear my dad ask "Just from around" he sighs loudly and I run back up to my room. I touch the mouse of my computer, since the screen went black while I was gone, to see if Sam had said anything else. He hadn't though and for some reason that made me upset. Why do I care so much about him? I shouldn't care this much about him but for some stupid reason I do, and it needs to stop. Now. I can't let myself fall for this guy, he's just some stupid nerd that randomly came into my life and now he needs to leave again before I actually start caring. Besides I'm 99% sure he wouldn't even feel the same about me. I decide to go on youtube and I spend the rest of the day watching lame videos, that aren't even that funny, but at least it's a distraction.