Hanging with Carl

Y/n's POV

I woke up the next morning. I got out of bed and put on a F/C shirt and ripped jeans. I walked downstairs to see Carl outside. I jumped."Carl what the hell you scared me!" I said. He laughed."That's the point!" He said.

I glared at him. He kept laughing at me. I just kept glaring at him. I then started laughing to. I didn't realize until now but he's kind of adorable!

"Hey you wanna hangout?" He asked."I can't leave the girls alone!" I said."You don't have to you can ask Maggie or Carol to take care of them!" He said."Ok!" I said back.

I asked Maggie if she could take care of the girls and she said yes. We walked down the streets of Alexandria in silence.

"Y/n you want to meet my family?" He asked."I thought I already did?" I asked."Well you met my father...but there's someone you haven't met yet!" He said. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his house.

He brought me inside a little room. There was Rick next to a little crib. Rick smiled at me and motioned me to come over to him. I walked towards the little crib to see a smiling baby girl.

"Aww she's cute...what's her name?" I asked."...Judith." Rick answered."Hi Judith." I said."Y/n you want to hold her?" Carl asked."Sure!" I said. Rick lifted her out of the crib and gave her to me.

I held her tiny little fingers."I remember when Kali was this little!" I said. They laughed."Well kids I got things to take care of!" Rick said. He walked out of the house.

I held Judith in my arms."We should probably take her with us then!" Carl said. I nodded.we walked out of the house and sat by a tree. Carl handed me a blanket so I could put Judith on it.

We sat there and looked at the clouds."Your family seems pretty great!" I said."Heh...I guess you could say that!" He said."My family has been broken for a while!" I said. He frowned."What do you mean?" He asked.

I frowned."Well...everyone has parents." I said. His eyes widened in realization."Oh I'm sorry!" He said."It's alright...there in a better place." I said."Jamie cries sometimes late at night." I said. He nodded."...I lost my mother." He said.

I looked at him in shock."You did?" I asked. He nodded."She died giving birth to Judith." He said."I'm sorry!" I said."It's not your fault." He said.

He leaned in towards me and so did. He rested his forehead on mine. I looked into his blue eyes.

Judith then started crying. I picked her up and rocked her."Heh...you're good at that!" He said. I nodded."well Someone had to take care of Jamie and Kali!" I said."Oh yeah!" He said."I can't believe in about a day you became...Less...Terrifying...I mean you did try to slice my throat open!" He said laughing.

I rolled my eyes."Well you tried to shoot me in the head...so I'd say we're even!" I reminded him. I started laughing. He laughed. I looked down at Judith. I sensed Carl's eyes on me. I stood up."I think she might be hungry." I said. Carl stood up. He was much taller than me.

"Come on...let's go back to my house then." He said. We walked into his house and he gave me a bottle to give her.

I Fed her the bottle and burped her. He laughed at me. I rolled my eyes."Man your really good at this kind of stuff!" He said. I laughed."Yeah...I guess I am." I said.