Chapter Five: A Reoprter's Dilemma

He looked at the papers with extreme scrutiny. He wanted to make sure that he wasn't missing anything that could give him any hints. But unfortunately, he couldn't . there were only a few accounts of the two ever being on camera, and even less of them actually saying anything at all. There wasn't even any evidence of them knowing each other, except in the bountiful fanart that the two had.

Oh, yes, the fanart. He knew about it all too well.  So many different interpretations of how they actually looked like. And he couldn't forget the fanfiction. Some of it smut, granted, but most of it dealt with the two of them separately.

He groaned and leaned back in the chair. He wanted to interview them so badly! But, alas, he couldn't.  There was no real evidence that they even existed outside of their respected communities.

He twirled his mustache with agitation. Why couldn't he find anything useful?

"You two are very well hidden," Warfstashe said. "Very hidden indeed. Sneaky bastards. As soon as I think I have a lead, It come to a dead end every time. Whatever will I do with you two? Mark escaped my capture. and Jack won't answer my emails or calls. If there was something that proved, without a shadow of a doubt, that you two are real, I would be there in a flash. And I know how much being likes us love out publicity." He chuckled and rubbed his chin methodically. He then stood and said, "Well, there's nothing that I can to right now. I have to go back home. I'll come back tomorrow and continue the hunt once again."

He walked out of his office and into the abandoned hallway. He wished that he didn't have to use such a run-down place to do his business, but he didn't have the money for anything better.. He used the elevator cable to jump down to the ground floor. He walked out of the elevator shaft, out of the building, and across the road to his three-story house.

He opened the door to his house and dropped his coat on the chair next to the door.. He walked over to his kitchen and prepared a cup of coffee. he didn't often drink coffee, only when he needed to pull an all-nighter. This was going to be an all-nighter for sure. He logged onto his social media accounts and checked Jacksepticeye and Markiplier's accounts on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Tumblr. He wanted to make sure that he hadn't missed anything. When he checked Jack's Instagram account, he saw that he had recently posted a selfie with him and Mark. Warf's interest piqued. The description of the picture read, "I'm here in L.A., hanging out with this nerd! Unfortunately, what we're doing is secret. I won't be available for about two weeks, so please don't flood my accounts asking while I'm gone!"

The same message was posted on his Tumblr and Twitter pages, along with a short vlog on his channel. When Warf played it, it was yet another explanation to why he would be inactive on his social media accounts. Warf checked Mark's accounts; they said nearly the same thing. Warf was starting to become suspicious. He had no idea that Jack was close to where he was set up.

"Perfect timing, you two," he said to himself "I won't' have to go halfway across the globe to find the green one" He logged off and went upstairs: he didn't have to pull an all-nighter after all.