Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The shed door opens slowly, I hear footsteps walking up to the door. Noises, grunting and stomping. It doesn't sound like a human. -----

The shed becomes smaller and smaller, a group of cloaked people stand around it, chanting what sounds like a spell---

A victus lebraman rix Casey A victus lebraman rix Casey A VICTUS LEBRAMAN RIX CASEY! They end up shouting. The shed, all of a sudden pops out of existence. As the hooded figures look my way accusingly, as though I did something wrong. They move towards me slowly, but with certainty.

I turn to run, only to find myself held still by an invisible force.

I let out an ear piercing scream---

I jolt up in bed and put a hand to my sweat covered forehead. Swiping off the liquid running down my face. And trying to swipe off the memory of the dream... Wait no... Nightmare...

What was in that shed? Why did they include my name in the spell? And who were they?

All these questions and more were coursing through my brain at high speed, I didn't understand any of it and I needed to get to the bottom of it.

I decide to have a shower to wash off all the grime from the day before and try to wash away the nightmare.

I pick up a change of clothes and a towel off the floor and head for my en suite - the only room in the house with one (lucky or what?) - and turn on the shower. I step under the warm soothing water and scrub at my body, surprisingly hard. But I don't care. It's the least I can do to get rid of everything that's happened. But as usual it doesn't work, and I just end up scratching off areas of skin. Oops.

I step out and dry myself off. As I'm changing into my clothes - just jeans and a plain tee - the idea hits me... Go to the library, find out whatever I can on spells, magick and the history of that shed.

I run back into my room and grab my rucksack, slinging it over my shoulder. By the time I'm halfway down the stairs.

I swing round the banister, like I always do, I don't even realise I'm doing it most of the time and head to the kitchen to get something to eat. To help myself concentrate, because for some reason; I think concentrating is going to be hard at the moment.

I walk into the kitchen repeating the spell under my breath as I grab pen and paper to write it down so I don't forget. I start writing it down and like always I say what I write out loud and all of a sudden my hands start to glow. And not like tan glow or glow from the sunlight. No this is full on sparkly, bright red glow. I lift up my hand, as swirls of the glow follow. Turning my hand over as it overlaps and dances on my hand. I study it closely, fascinated by it. Stuck in a trance. My eyes following the red originating from my hand.

I hear a dog bark in the distance and I blink suddenly. As I open my eyes the glow has stopped. I blink a couple more times just to make sure. And sigh believing that I just imagined the amazement of what just happened, believing that the tiredness was hitting me hard.

I look sideways, as I move towards he toaster and catch something or someone in the corner of my eye, so I turn my head fully to come face to face with Chance. I just stand there and glare at him.

"Hey" he says awkwardly, waving his hand in the air before dropping it to his side. I can't help but look closer at his features. His cheekbones, the way his eyes glisten even when he looks so tired. The way his hair falls across his forehead. I stop watching him and turn my gaze away for a second to regain my composure. Realising I was looking like a stalker again. But I couldn't help it, something about him captivates me. I shrug it off and carry on where I left off,

"What the friggin hell are you doing here". I reply, annoyed with myself, that I didn't sound threatening enough. I just couldn't do threatening unfortunately, it's why I always got pushed through life.

"I stayed overnight" he stated

"Where did you sleep?" I question back, ready to have an argument

"On the couch" he replies in a monotone voice. Obviously not caring what I thought.

"Well you better be out before I get home, I'm getting fed up" I shout already heading towards the door. I open it and slam it shut behind me, I was never patient. I open my car door and sit down in the drivers seat. Placing my hands on the wheel, as I then the key. Eager to get this on the road and work something, at least one thing out and then cope with my mum and Chance later.