Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I sit in my car, processing all that's happened in these first few hours of school. I know I don't have much to go by, but I've always been suspicious and what I've seen is scaring me. What's the connection between me and Chance? What is it that he knows that I don't? I sigh, there's no point me sitting here in the car park of school, when I obviously don't want to be here. I'll just have to deal with what I'll tell my mum later, for now I need to escape school. I pull the car into drive and speed down the street, not really concentrating when the car stops in the middle of the road. Confusion again clouds my head, as I step out to assess what's happened, guessing the engines gone bust, or the tires flat. Only to find the car in perfect working condition Frowning, I turn on the spot checking to see where I am and realising I've taken a different route than I normally take to my hideout. I'm next to a beaten track, one that leads into a woods and up in the distance I see an old shed. I walk towards it, not bothering with precautions, only interested in what I'll find when I get there, hoping there will be a phone seeming as I still don't have one - my parents don't believe in technology being the answer. I walk caustiously up towards the derelict shed and push open the door. It creaks making me cringe. But I carry on. I fumble around trying to find a way to light up the room. I give up, not wanting to meet something unexpected and rush back to my car to retrieve my emergency torch that I keep in my car. When i get back to the shed I scan the room seeing mainly broken wooden furniture that had looked as though it was the cause of a struggle. I then move onto the walls symbols and writing covers each of the 4 walls. A shiver makes its way through my body. As though the room has just become cold, but it hasn't. I shrug it off and move towards the wall scraping my hand along the surface of the wall. Reading the symbols as though its an English essay, as though I know what they mean. My eyes stop on the list of names. I read through them outloud "Jessiah Allama, Carrie Johnson, Patrick Terra, Evaline Smith, Chance Wood..." I stop, thinking of the Chance I met today. No it must be a coincidence. I really don't want to think of the option. So I carry on reading the names "Cathal Woods, Maria Carter..." Woah Woah, this can't be a coincidence anymore!! Thats my mum's name. All of a sudden my head has gone into overload. All I can think of at this moment is getting out of here and getting my head straight. I crash into a snapped chair leg; I wince in pain, as a drop of blood falls from my cut finger. Everything slows down. The red droplet falling to the ground giving me enough time to see it glistening in the light of the torch. It hits the wooden floor, the sound so loud its as though its right by my ear, echoing around the silent room. I shake my head, to rub off the sight of what happened. I run out, back into my car and let out a sigh of relief.

Just in the hope that it would start I try turning he key that's already in the car. To my luck, the car kick starts sputtering at first, but I don't wait around, in seconds I'm back on the road and heading home to get some explanations.

Note: sorry this hasn't been edited so sorry for any mistakes Emily