02

The first thing that came to Lukasz's mind was to go find his daughter. But, what if she's already gone? What if he'll never be able to find her?

In that moment his phone vibrated, unknown caller. He wondered who could be calling him, but then answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Lukasz is that you?" A female voice said and to Lukasz it sounded very familiar.

"Yes, it's me."

"It's Monika, Magdalena's sister." Yes, he remembered now, why woman's voice has sounded familiar. "I'm guessing you've read the letter I left you."

"I did. Why didn't anyone ever tell me about her?" Lukasz said slightly disappointed that everyone kept this big secret from him.

"Mag begged us all not to tell you. She wanted you to be happy and have a great career. She thought that by letting you know all of it would be ruined."

"But Monika..."

"I know... Looking back now I feel like we shouldn't have held this a secret. But it's too late now isn't it?"

"Well it is..." He sighed.

"Look, I'm calling to see what do you want to do next. Will you go find her?"

"I honestly don't know. I want to. I really do. But what if she isn't there anymore." He was scared of the fact that maybe his last connection to Magdalena was far gone from him. He was scared that if he goes and she's not there he would be disappointed and be blaming himself for the rest of his life, and he's already blaming himself for Magdalena's death.

"There's only way to find out."

"I don't know..."

"Look, I have all the papers you need so if you decide to go find her, just come by my house and I'll give them to you."

"Alright, thank you."

"How are you feeling?"

"Not very well. You?" Lukasz asked her knowing it must be hard to lose a sister.

"I wish I could've stopped her."

"I do too... I do too..."