Wow! Where had that come from?!

Focus, asshole!

"Yeah. Sure. I mean...! I'd like a drink. Thanks." I muttered, swallowin' hard when she let out a laugh "Whitney..."

She looked up, still servin' beer. She handed me a red paper cup, and I moaned a thanks.

"What?"

"You're gonna drink?!" I asked, completely forgettin' about my previous question.

"Yeah." She smiled, pourin' herself some beer "I can drink, you know. Just have to be careful. Well, if you ask my dads they would say there's no fucking way I should be drinking. Anyway, today's my best friend's birthday. I'm gonna drink like I never did before."

"You sure that's safe?" I asked her, worried.

"Sure. The only thing I have to be careful about is to have enough sugar on my system." She said, openin' the fridge and getting' some cut fruit " 'Cause my sugar usually goes down after I drink. So I gotta be careful and take glucose measures during the night."

She turned around to look for somethin' again, and then I see it: a tattoo! The girl has a tattoo! What da hell?! It's a long thing, Hebrew, I believe, from her neck, down to the middle of her shoulders blades. It's actually discrete, in plain black, small handwritin'.

"What does it say?"

"Huh?"

"Your tattoo. What does it say?"

She smiled from over her shoulder, a cookie on her hand.

"'Only God shall judge me'" She said, her smile so beautiful and Goddamn cute, her nose wrinkled and her eyes turned bright.

Damn...

"When did you get it?" I asked, and my voice is raspy again.

"My sixteenth birthday." She said, and drank a little beer "My dads almost killed me."

"Yeah. Some people hate tattoos" I smiled.

"Not for that." She laughed, drinkin' again "For doing it illegally."

I shook my head but smiled.

"Well, I'm gonna dance. You're sure you're ok?"

"Just go," I said, shruggin'.

She left, smilin' one more time. I watched her the whole night. And Nacio. The guy was tryin' to get lucky, but he was just an asshole to the girls. They rolled their eyes and laughed at him. Suits him well.

Whitney drank a lot that night. I watched her carefully. Ian actually came up to me and whispered for me to keep an eye on her since I wasn't drinkin' much. I assured him I would. I knew she had to eat, so sometimes, when she came to get beer or Tequila shots, I made sure she would eat cookies and fruit. About two am, she was so drunk she could barely stand up. That got me worried. I had no idea what to do with a drunken diabetic girl I got hard for...

"Maybe it's time for recess, what d'you say?" I asked her, when she stumbled into the kitchen, laughin' like crazy.

"Oh, noooooooo way!" She laughed, pattin' my face with her hands "I'm havin' a blast! D'you know... I never actually got drunk? Not even once! And I'm eighteen, damn it!"

"Yeah, but you're also sick" I reminded her, holdin' her by her waist to my side, 'cause otherwise she would fall, face hard, on the white floor.

"Oh... sick, sick, sick! Poor little Whitney! Always sick! Never allowed to go out with her friends like a normal person! "She moaned, in a teasin' way, then laughed and looked up at me "You know, you're sooooooo lucky. You do whatever you want!"