"I think it's a problem with your belt or your alternator," He said, from inside the car.

"Oh..." I whispered, frowning; that was complete gibberish to me "And... what will you do?"

"Checkin' a few things. Still, I believe it's your alternator. It's probably a bad one."

"It's a new car!" I protested.

"Doesn't matter. If it's bad, it's bad." He assured me, coming back from the inside of the car "Wow... it's hot..."

He was, in fact, sweating. Rai grabbed the hems of his shirt... and stopped.

"Well... I'm gonna check the belt."

He leaned over again, and after a few minutes of Spanish swearing and sweating, he came back.

"Yeah. I think it's your alternator. Can't do much, here. You gotta take it to an auto-shop. Not that you asked, but I advise you to go to the auto-shop on the Northside. They're really good, and won't overcharge you."

He closed the hood and swept his arm over his forehead.

"Ok. Thanks." I said, smiling "What do I owe you?"

He stopped cleaning his hands on his shirt and stared at me, frowning.

"Owe me for what?"

"For your work...?" I said, carefully "I took your time."

"I offered" He reminded me, picking up the small metal box he had brought with him.

"Rai, I want to pay you for your work."

"I didn't do anythin'," He said, huffing.

"Still!" I insisted as he shook his head "I have to pay you, somehow. Look, how about a-"

"Kiss?"

I give him a look, and he's grinning.

"-snack." I finished, my hand to my waist "Why would I kiss you? What's with you and kisses?"

He looked uncomfortable for a moment but then grinned again.

"It's just a kiss. What's the big deal about a kiss?" He teased, rolling his eyes.

"I only kiss someone when I'm in love with the person" I grumbled, and I felt my cheeks inflame.

"What?! No random make-out sessions with hot guys at clubs? Get out!" He laughed but still stared at me with those deep brown eyes, and I felt my gut tighten "Really? You're not messin' with me?"

"What do you care, anyway? I'm not gonna kiss you. Ever. So you gotta ask for something else."

"You don't have anythin' I want, Copper Girl" He groaned; ouch...

"Look, I've got stuff to do. Important stuff. My best friend's birthday party is tonight, and I got a bunch of stuff to take care, so..."

"Party?" He asked, shooting his eyebrows up.

"Yes, a party. You know what a party is?" I teased.

"I know what a party is. And I'm goin'."

"What?" I frowned.

"Your payment. Take me to the party with you," He said, and I laughed to his face.

"You're kidding, right? It's a joke."

"Not kiddin'. Well, there'll only be Westside kids..." He considered for a moment "I'll take Nacio. Where is the party? Oh, wait. I'll pick you up. Around seven?"

"Wow, wow! Stop right there! First!" I showed him one finger, right to his face "You're not going, and Nacio can kiss my ass! Second!" I put another finger up, and he made his stupid grin "I'm calling you a doctor, 'cause you must have inhaled some bad fumes from under my hood."

"I'm goin'. That's your payment. Otherwise, I'll just let everyone know-"

"Can't believe you're going there again" I almost whispered, sincerely disappointed.

"Not diabetes." He said, frowning as if he was offended "I'll just let everyone know how Whitney Gordon doesn't pay her debts. Believe me, the Northside guys won't like to hear that..."

I growled at him and rubbed the palms of my hands on my eyes.

"Fine! Don't pick me up, 'cause I have a bunch of stuff to do at Ian's place – that's where the party's gonna be. It's around nine, casual, so jeans and a shirt will work just fine."

"What do I have to take?" He asked, with a side grin that was so cocky I wanted to smack it off his gorgeous tanned face.

"A gun for me to shot myself" I groaned, and he was smiling when I went inside the house.