Riding On A Train

Pauls P.O.V
I was so unsure. Sitting there, shaking like a damn coward. His eyes staring intently into my own.  It had been almost minute and he had given no explanation for this strange behavior. "What?" I finally decided to ask. John seemed to snap out of a daze. I suddenly regretted ever saying anything. I liked it. The uncomfortable tension between us, John staring at me. I wanted him to stare me down...

  "Huh?" He replied. I turned away and shook my head, sighing. "Forget it" John turned the other way as well. "Something wrong Paul? Something you want to tell me?" I stiffened. "What do you mean?" "Well you've been acting miserable this whole trip." I forced a smile and shrugged it off. "I'm fine"

  "Once we get to the hotel later tonight..." his words caught me off gaurd and filled me with a sudden excitement. I couldn't help but a smile though I tried to supress it. "Yeah?" My voice sounded high-pitched and girly. Too excited of a reply, too weird even for myself. He seemed a bit taken aback. I wanted to fix it. I turned back around to him. He began to say something about LSD and I started to frown.

  "Oh" "So you're not?" His tone was expectant and persistent. "No I am, I just thought...hoped you would say something different...about what we would do later tonight" I immediately regretted my words. His whole tone shifted to accusitive and completely turned off. "Well what did you bloody think we were going to do?" I shrugged. "I don't know, stop getting so irritated"

  John didn't reply, however I was feeling sweaty and claustrophobic and hoping to leave the train soon. George and Ringo would be back any minute from their trip to the restroom. I was getting quite bored so I peered over at John. I could only see the side of him, his shoulder. I wanted it around my neck, holding me in a tight embrace.

  He soon noticed and checked his shoulder to see if something was on it. "What?" I shook my head. "A fly but now it's gone" "I don't see one-" I placed my hand on his shoulder. "It was right there" his shoulder was firm yet warm. I ran my fingers down the rest of his arm, thoughtlessly.

  "Are you trying to tease me?" I was in shocked at his words. Had he caught on so fast? Was he actually playing along? "Well if that's what you want me to do" I blushed, my cheeks turning bright red. "What? No, not like that! Stop acting like a bird I don't know what this is about Paul but you beeter start explaining" I wanted to tell him hutI couldn't. I felt feverish even trying to get the words out. This was a married guy, older than me, and male!

  "I don't know what you want me to say" To my surprise, he took my hand off of his arm. I forgot it was still there. "Well you can start with that, then tell me why you were flirting with me" his words were raw and cold. He showed no emotion. He knew exactly what was going on there was no hiding it anymore. After another moment of silence he spoke again, lighting a ciggie.

  "Y'know Paul, I didn't appreciate all the bullshit Eppy rumours flying around. So I don't know what you're trying to prove" couldn't he be a bit more understanding? I didn't know what to feel. Just being near him made have me strong feelings of affection yet his words were uninviting.

  Finally, I worked up the courage to say something. "What are you exactly implying Lennon? Just because I touched your arm and responded to a comment you made means that I'm flirting with you?" He turned around his face red with anger as he snapped back, "Well it certainly seems it! I mean teasing can be taking very sexual by a man who's blushing and stroking my arm!" He was right. I was making it obvious and there was no escaping.

  Tears streamed down my face. "I'm sorry, I just..." I couldn't force any other words out. "You'd better be sorry. I don't want to ever catch you doing anything like that again" the train suddenly stopped. I wiped away a tear and was the first one to exit our seats and the train. Behind me followed the other three laughing and joking about. Eventually, they caught up while we were entering the taxi.

  It hurt me how far away John sat from me, how he intentionally ignored my existence. This same man I wanted to do things with...things you'd expect me to want to do with Jane.

  I only joined back in conversation when we got to the hotel. It was getting dark and we had all settled into one room. I had just unpacked my suitcase and George was in the snackroom. Ringo was just leaving the room. I took my clothes with me and opened the bathroom door inly to see a curtain. John was in the shower. I set my clothes down on the counter.

  I started to wonder, I knew how John was when we has stoned. Maybe if we got stoned enough and created new memories we would forget all of this. "George, is that you?" Said John's voice" I quickly closed the door. Great job Paul. Now he would know for sure it was me. "Wait, George!" He must be an idiot then. A sexy one.

  The water suddenly stopped and I began to get worried I was only in my bath robe. The door opened to reveal John still wet, wrapped in a towel. My whole body felt like a furnace as I stood there desperately trying to keep my gaze fixated on his head only. "What were you doing in the bathroom Paulie?" His voice was softer than before. No sign of accusations anywhere in it, it was more of a teasing tone. As if he knew why and wanted me to say.

  "I was just putting my clothes down" he started walking closer towards my direction making my heart beat rapidly. "Was that all?" I nodded, hoping I didn't seem too nervous. Finally, he was close enough and getting closer. Too close. I didn't understand it, before he was avoiding me. What was this about?

  I let his hands caress my cheek. My thoughts were not clear, all I knew is I liked it. "You're smiling" he pointed out. I didn't even notice, now my face felt even hotter. "So my touch makes you smile. I wonder what else will" I wanted to correct him, make him seem at fault but I was enjoyingthis too much. His hand was now over my eyes. I couldn't see though I felt something soft and wet pressing up against my lips. As soon and I realized what was happening my whole body shuddered.

  I let go. So did his hand. So did my head. I didn't check to see his reaction. "Are you mocking me johnny?" I said in a low, childish voice. "No macca, I'm teasing you. Only at your request. I'm showing you this isn't what you want so you can stop. We can do anything tonight but it won't mean anything. And you'll see you really don't feel how you think you feel" I didn't care about anything else, the only thing that really rang in my head was , we can do anything tonight.

So yeah just be prepared for alot more "hot" mclennon next chapter