[0.03] pity party

-

-

[ NINA ]

-

Loud music plays from the car's stereo, nothing but a silence coming from me and Chris. I gave him my address as soon as we got into the car, but he didn't say anything. I assumed it was his way of saying okay, but I had yet to realize the many things of Chris I had no idea about, and that was now.

"Turn here." I pointed, talking over the sound, his fingers just tapping against the wheel to the beat of the bass drop. We passed my street, my lips parting with no words.

"Chris." I stared at him after I collected myself. I was already at a point where I was nearly pissed, and I couldn't take all these confusing signals he was sending me.

Taking that leap of faith, I reached over and reached for the dial, turning the music down.

"You know, this is kidnap." I laughed dryly, raising my eyebrows. "I thought you were taking me home."

"Yeah, I did agree to that, but we have to get to a party before that. And I have to be at a friend's early because I agreed to co-host."

"Oh my god, you're one of those Penetrators." I muttered in realization, closing my eyes. "Oh wow, now I'm judging you real hard." I laughed, a hand on my forehead.

"What? There's nothing wrong with being a Penetrator, it's actually pretty fucking cool." He scoffed, glancing at me.

"Yeah sure, except the fact you guys all act like the freaking Bachelor."

"Is that a compliment?"

"You've never seen The Bachelor, have you?"

"No, not at all. I'm assuming it's something you frown upon." Chris playfully pouted, chuckling after.

"You've got it." I smiled sarcastically, sighing as I leaned my head against the window. "Now what the hell am I supposed to tell my mom?"

"Just tell her the truth." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yeah, sure and that'll work." I rolled my eyes. ''She'll kill me."

"Then tell her you're sleeping over at a friend's then, I don't know."

My eyes trained on him, a small smile gracing my lips. "Now that's the best idea you've had these past few hours."

I fished for my phone in my back pocket of my denim jeans, unlocking it and scrolling through my contacts for Camilla.

"What's up?" She picked up after a few rings as I sighed.

"Hey, Cams. Um, I was wondering if you could do me this tiny little favor." I mumbled, pursing my lips.

"She's so into me." Chris spoke into my phone, as I gasped, turning his cheek.

"Shut up. And no I'm not." I whispered in a disgruntled tone.

"Nina, who was that?! Oh my god, who are you with?" She freaked out completely, shrieking over the phone.