~1~

I tapped my pencil on the desk, waiting impatiently for the bell to ring. I watched as the hands slowly ticked down the seconds.

The moment the bell rang I was up out of my seat and out the door. I weaved through the sea of people and made my way to my locker.

I opened my locker and shoved my things inside. I slammed the door shut and practically ran outside.

My boyfriend of four months, Jack, had told me to meet him outside. I turned the corner and froze. I saw the one thing I never wanted to see.

"What the hell Jack!" I cried out. There in front of me was my boyfriend kissing some skank. They both froze and turned to me.

"B-babe. It's not what it looks like!" he said, pushing the girl away from him and racing towards me. He started stuttering excuses. I had enough.

I raised my hand and swung it across his face. A loud smack was heard before he shut up. I looked down at him as he held his cheek.

I grabbed him by the collar and yanked his face towards me.

"Listen here sleazoid, don't touch me, don't talk to me, don't even breath in my direction. We're done," I snarled, pushing him backward and turning away.

I ignored his cries as I turned the corner and broke into a sprint.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I was panting by the time I entered my house. I slammed the door shut and locked it. The lights were off and it didn't seem like anyone was home.

"Mom! Dad!" I called out, wiping a stray tear from my eye. I dropped my bag to the floor and turned the light on.

I looked around the house for any signs of them. I huffed as I walked into the kitchen.

I paused when I saw a piece of paper on the counter. I picked it up and read it. There was one simple word on it.

Goodbye

At the bottom, it was signed by my parents. I gaped at it as if hoping it would disappear. As if my parents would turn the corner laughing. But it wasn't. They had abandoned me.

I laughed. I don't know why. Maybe insanity was slowly taking over me. I picked up a lighter and lit the paper on fire. I watched it burn slowly as I dropped it into the sink.

I slid to the ground, still laughing. My laughs turned into screams as I covered my head with my hands as my cries rang out.

My world was falling apart.