Birthday

Note: This is set in the Begin Again universe. A year after the Epilogue. 😉

When you have two children, a two year old and a 4 month old baby to be exact, it was difficult for a husband and wife to find time to be alone together.

Leah Medina faced this very dilemma. Aside from the fact that she badly wanted her husband all to herself - without an infant crying to be fed or a small toddler crawling into bed between them - it was Clark's birthday. And Leah had very special plans for her birthday boy.

After giving Claire her morning feeding and changing her diaper, Leah walked back into the bedroom where her boys were still asleep. CJ was lying on the middle of the bed, curled into his daddy's chest, Clark's hand resting lightly on his back. With their eyes closed and both of their mouths slightly open, they looked exactly alike. As CJ continued to grow (much too fast, to Leah's dismay), the features he shared with Clark were becoming more and more pronounced. From his hair to his nose to his lips to his skin color. He still has Leah's eyes though.

She couldn't resist taking out her cellphone and snapping a picture of her boys, another one to add to the hundreds that she has in her photo gallery. Leah walked over to Clark's side of the bed and sat down.

"Hubby..." she said softly, combing her fingers through his hair. She leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead, and then over his eyelids. "Hubby, gising na..."

Clark slowly opened his eyes and looked up at her sleepily. "Hmm?"

"Bangon na, Hubby. Darating si Nanang at si Tatang bago magtanghalian."

"Bakit?" He asked. He looked down at a sleeping CJ and stroked his hair before gently extracting himself, careful not to wake the sleeping baby.

Leah pulled him out of bed. "May pupuntahan tayo."

"Saan?"

She kissed him. "Basta."

He kept her locked in place with his arms around her. "Does this have something to do with my birthday tomorrow?" He grinned.

"Secret." She kissed his chin teasingly. "Maligo ka na. Hihintayin ko magising si CJ tapos papakainin ko siya."

Clark sighed and reluctantly got moving. "I miss the days when we could shower together..."

Leah grinned wickedly behind his back as he made his way to the closet to pick out his clothes. He had no idea that she was about to make his wishes come true.

~

The first thing that Leah had planned was a date day without the kids. She can't remember the last time they had one. It was certainly long before Claire was born.

And so they both kissed and hugged their babies and left them with their doting Lolo and Lola.

"Wifey...saan ba tayo pupunta?" Clark asked after getting into the car Leah had called for them.

She kissed his cheek and took his hand in hers. "Date tayo. Wala munang iiyak, kailangan magpalit ng diaper, kailangan padedehin, hindi makatulog ng mag-isa...ngayon araw tayong dalawa lang."

Clark wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "Sounds perfect."

Leah curled up contentedly in Clark's arms. But it was only a few minutes into their drive that Leah reached for her phone.

"What are you doing?" Clark asked.

"Tawagan ko si Nanang. Paalala ko lang na kapag nagkulang 'yung breastmilk na iniwan ko, meron formula doon. Saka dapat salit salitin niya, huwag niyang idiretso 'yung breastmilk hanggang maubos..."