Ch. 13

Never did I think I'd end up in this situation.... here....with Laine.... alone... in the human world..... at a fricken cafe. For the hundredth time today my mind I go back to how I got here in the first place.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

All of us were hanging out at Cassy's moms and I admit, it was pretty awkward with Laine and Mason's "girlfriend", who's name I learned was Valerie, being there and also the uninvited guest Ryley. It was quiet once everyone was settled after coming in, no one really knew what to say. This wasn't an intentional hang out to begin with. Laine and Scarlett were already here, I had invited Lance and Cole to which Cassy said it was only fair to invite Mason, who was eager to agree since he didn't want to be alone with Valerie and somehow Ryley showed up.

"Well this is lame. What's up with all the awkwardness? It's like neither of you know each other!" Ryley decided to say.

I rolled my eyes. "If you don't like it then leave! Nobody told you to come anyway."

"I'll have you know-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" I interrupted.

"So is this what sisterly bonding looks like?" Mason raised a brow.

"Mason I'm shocked on your decision to leave your guys' date to come hang out with us." I replied.

Masons eyes grew wide. "W-what?! We w-weren't on a date!"

"Aw so this wasn't a date?" Valerie pouted.

Mason panicked. "W-well I mean it wasn't planned. We just bumped into each other."

"So if we planned one you'd go?" She smirked.

"I- um- well-" Mason stuttered.

"Okay what are we all planning to do here? Just chat?" Mason sighed with relief as Lance changed the subject. Immediately Mason shot me a glare which I returned with a smirk.

"Well any thoughts on what else to do?" Scarlett questioned.

"Let go clubbing!" Cole pumped a fist into the air and was greeted with everyone disagreeing except Ryley.

Everyone else continued to think of ideas. I noticed Ryley became a little too quiet. I looked over at her and she seemed deep in thought, most likely not from thinking of an activity for the group. I looked at her suspiciously as she looked over at me and winked. Gross. I looked away but not before I saw a mischievous look in her eyes. I'm screwed.

"Why don't we work on rehabilitation." Everyone looked over at Ryley confused. "I'm sensing a lot of awkwardness coming from this area." She motioned towards me, Cassy, and Laine. "I'd believe this is the main source of our struggle to converse normally." She said trying to sound smart. I already regret coming here. "I believe the best way to fix this is to start a bond between the new girlfriend and the old." No way. I am this close to attacking her right now.

"Sounds good actually. You too getting along might be what this group needs!" Mason said. I glared at him and he just smiled and winked.

I looked over at Lance for some help. He shrugged. "Why not? Maybe you too have more in common than you think." Hopefully not.

I glanced at Cassy. She smiled nervously. "I'm not exactly opposed to the idea." Why?!

"Great it's settled! We'll send you two off on your own for bonding time." Ryley clapped her hands together. With Ryley here I don't think there's escaping this situation. Plus she'd probably do something worse if I didn't go along with it. My eyes widened in realization.