"Yes, baby. I can," she says, a weak smile coming to her face.

"Oh my god! I-"

She interrupts me, placing a finger on my lips,"hush, baby. I've been good where I'm at. So don't you worry about me. I'm the one worrying about you."

"You know what's been happening?" I ask, surprised to the max.

"Yes. And I see the position you're in. You've been in a coma for about a week."

"A week?"

"Yes. And if you don't know... People up top are rooting for you. It's not your time to go yet. You've got a lot of people who care about you, so the best thing you can do right now is fight. You're a strong girl, you know that?"

I nod, feeling tears fall from my eyes. Everything that she's saying to me is striking a nerve.

"But mama, daddy-"

"I know what that son of a bitch did. And believe, he's got what's coming to him. Think he's a big man now, there are bigger in the penitentiary. You don't have to worry about him anymore."

A weak smile casts across my face,"ok mama."

"Good girl. Now it's about time for me to go."

My eyes widen,"g-go? Where are you going?"

"Home, baby girl. You already know that," my mother says, her body starting to fade out from the couch.

"N-no! Mama come back!" I say, trying to grab ahold of her, but she's fading too fast.

"It's ok," a very familiar voice says from behind me.

I turn around and see my younger self standing behind me, arms stretched out.

I smile and gather my younger self in a hug.

"It's gonna be ok. Don't you worry." She says her chest touching mines.

As soon as our bodies make contact, I feel my body jerk forward, as if my body just pulsed.

A flash of pain goes through my chest, making me double over, grabbing ahold of my shirt. The pain is unbearable, and no matter what I try to do, it won't dissipate.

"Ah!" I cry out, tears rolling down my cheeks. Everything around me becomes white, momentarily blinding me.

What's happening to me?

Another shockwave of pain ripples through my chest, causing me to hit the ground.

The lack of oxygen that my body is getting is causing me to choke and gasp for air.

"It's ok, Zen. Breathe. Breathe." A voice says.

"Huh?" I manage to get out, patting my chest.

My vision returns and I can see the whiteness of a hospital. I'm in a hospital...

I turn my head and see a thick girl with shoulder-length hair and a very beautiful face. I feel like I know her, but my mind is drawing a blank.

"Oh my god, you're alive," the girl says, pressing a button beside my bed.

"W-who?" I can only manage one word because of the fact that my mouth is so dry.

"You don't remember me?" The girl asks.

I manage to shake my head, because to be honest, I don't.