Blood Bank (Part 1 Julian)

"Julian...Julian come on!" A voice in my ear brings me out of my day dream, beside me is my attendant. He tugs on my sleeve, before pushing me toward a tatty door. I can hear music thumping away on the other side of it. 

"Julian can we get out of this alleyway please, before we get attacked by rebels." 

I turn to give Samuel a withering look, right now I'd rather be killed by rebels, if they existed, which I highly doubted at this point. Loving Vampires had become the easy route, the 'cool route' and right in front of me was the proof. The back entrance to a night club 'cleverly' named the Blood Bank. It was frequented by the kind of psychotic people who thought being Chosen was something to aspire to. 

Ignoring my nervous comrade, I let myself slip back into my mind, recounting the conversation that got me here. Reminding myself that this was exactly the kind of place I needed right now.

"A Vampire who doesn't like Vampires, you can see how it looks, you can see, surely, how this could be problematic for us?" It was Plarou, sickly pale and stern faced, who had said those words to me back in my apartment, after putting his foot through my solid dining room table as if it were made of paper. 

He had come because for the last two years I had been subjugate free. Whilst the BDA had agreed that after my last one I could have the time I needed to chose the perfect human to become my personal feeding station,  it had now become blindingly apparent to them that I had no genuine desire to do so.  

"And so, we've come to a decision, if you don't pick, we'll chose for you, we even have a few potentials in mind. Some civilians who need to learn their place quickly before they get themselves in all sorts of trouble." 

It was a threat, of course, they'd find someone who'd hate every second with me. Knowing how it would break me to feed on them, to enslave them. Perhaps hoping that the 'subjugates' vitriol would erode my good nature, that ultimately I'd end up hating the human right back. Losing the last of my somewhat pesky humanity. 

Samuel was tugging on my sleeve again, bringing me out of  my memories and back to the present. The music was louder now, the door in front of me standing open. I couldn't make out the song, all I could hear was the last words Plarou had said to me.

"You have one week." 

***