His Birthday *mature*

Start from the beginning

Finally, he pulled out the last thing, which was a small card that you had made yourself.

"May I..."

He begins, and you nod before he opens the neatly folded piece of card paper, and he takes a moment as he reads the little note you left inside.

To my amazing boyfriend Lawliet,

Happy birthday my love! I hope you enjoyed the little gifts I got for you. I know they aren't too much, but I wanted to show you how much you mean to me and how much I love you through these little things that reminded me of you most.

It honestly must've been the best decision of my life to start dating you and become your girlfriend so many months ago now. I never knew that I would end up with such an intelligent, handsome, loving, and fantastic boyfriend like yourself, and I truly hope we share many more years of our lives together. You couldn't make me any happier just being who you are.

I love you Lawliet, every part of you. more than anything.

Happy birthday again darling.

Xoxo- (y/n)

"Sorry that it's so long. I just wanted to...L?"

You begin, but soon after notice that his shoulders were twitching.

"Lawliet...are you alright?"

You ask, and before you can think, he had his lips pressed up against yours. As you melt into it along with him and begin moving your lips together softly, you feel a drop of warm water slip from L's cheek to yours, making you tense just a little from surprise. It was the first time you had ever seen L cry.

"I love you so so much (y/n)..."

He says in almost a whisper, and you smile as you kiss him deeply.

"I love you too."

You say, and he smiles shyly while you gently move from his lips to his cheek. You then spend a little while just hugging until his arms slightly loosen, bringing your cheek upward so your eyes meet.

"You truly have made this day special sweetheart."

"Have? But It's far from over yet."

You say, letting a sweet smile grace your face.

"Honey...you've done more than enough already."

He says, and you get up from the couch as you smile sweetly.

"That may be true for some people, but guess who's worth the extra effort?"

You tease, and he smiles softly as some pink colour graces his face.

"Now, come with me to the kitchen. I have another surprise."

You say, and once there you bring his hands up to cover his eyes, to which he lets out a light laugh in response.

"No peeking, ok?"

You say, and he smiles sweetly before speaking.

"Alright darling. I promise."