Turn Around

"Oh my God!" My sister practically screams in my face as I hand her the napkin the next morning. She had fallen asleep waiting up for me last night so I just left her be.

I laugh a little. "I'm glad you like it, it wasn't easy." I sigh for dramatic effect then smirk at her.

"Oh yeah, I bet it was. What was he like?" She probes.

"You know, he's just another stardust kinda guy. Thinks he owns everything and everyone, but at the same time he seemed, I dunno, sweet, humble and was such a gentleman. My god was he pretty though, he was the most beautiful man I ever seen." I begin to ramble and then shrug at my sister. "He was alright."

She laughs at me before turning to Elena in her arms and placing the bottle in her tiny mouth. When she is suckling happily Elizabeth looks back up at me grinning.

"What?" I snap at her stupid grin taking a sip of my coffee.

"Nothing, nothing. Just, I bet you turn around tonight." Her splitting grin annoys me so I scoff at her before leaving the room.

//////////////////////////

I examine my tired eyes in the mirror of the staff room.

Sleep more.

Its hard to sleep much when Elena insists on having a screaming match with herself every morning at about 7am, meaning I only get about 5 hours sleep by the time I get home every night. Its not like I can even take holiday because I need the money.

I sigh before pulling my hair into a high loose ponytail letting my hair swing in between my shoulder blades.

"Hey Lil, lookin' forward to tonight?" Rachel comes into the staff room and asks me.

"Oh yeah, sure. Maybe I'll end up on my ass again, this time I'll just stay there." I reply sarcastically.

"Then maybe I'll take your place at the stage." She laughs as we head out to work.

///////////////////////////////

The lights go down for the second time tonight. I'm in my usual spot with my back to the stage and the beautiful man on it.

Much like last nights second show and tonight's first show Elvis keeps appearing close behind me making women swarm near and around me causing me to jump around a lot. I try my best not to get agitated and just wish he would leave me alone. I still haven't turned around.

Liz was wrong.

"Okay everyone, thank you. I wanted to try out this new song I heard a little while ago and I've not even recorded it yet, but its real pretty so I hope y'all like it." Elvis announces somewhere behind me.

You're not a dream, you're not an angel,

You're a woman. I'm not a king,

I'm just a man, take my hand...

I recognise the song being Buffy Saint Marie's song Until It's Time For You To Go. Its one of my favourites and he's doing it so beautifully. I begin to sway subtly to his melodic voice. By the time he finishes the last line of the chorus I've turned around to face him and it appears that my turning around has caught his attention. He looks down at me and smiles my way. My face is expressionless but I'm in awe at him, I don't know why he decided to do this song but he does do it justice that's for sure.

When the song ends I blink and turn around, embarrassed that I held eye contact with him for that long, that he was practically singing at me.

For the rest of the show I refused to look anywhere but up in fear I was going to be attacked by some of the women that were surely angry that Elvis was singing to me.