Acceptance

Matteo was long gone even before the interview was finished; and when it was, Sarah and Gerald were taken to the back and into their own dressing room. While they were walking Gerald couldn't help but ask Sarah what she was feeling after all that.

"Sarah I hope this doesn't change our friendship... I like us this way, kahit ganito lang ako sayo. As a friend..." Gerald said.

Sarah didn't say a word but nodded her head, her eyes not reaching his. She was too occupied thinking where Matteo had went. He didn't look too happy that's for sure.

A few more steps and the two were almost at the door of Sarah's dressing room. Gerald was about to say a few more things when the door opened- it was Matteo.

Sarah was shocked as she thought he had gone home. Her entourage and Gerald's as well felt high tension; it was dead silence for a few seconds. 

"Ahem..." Sarah's hairstylist, B, "coughed" to break the awkward yet heated silence.

"Uhmm Matt..." Sarah quietly said. "Tara na-" But before she could even finish her sentence Matteo's lips were already on hers. The kiss wasn't long nor short. It wasn't just a peck nor a torrid one either- it lasted just a few seconds.

Gerald couldn't do anything but watch. The sight hurt him, bad. His eyes were to the floor when he heard Matteo speak.

"Let's go Love." Matteo said with conviction while reaching for her hand.

Before the two could get any further Sarah looked back at her entourage and reminded them about her things still in the dressing room.

"Sige na Beh," Ms. Lala told her. "Kami na bahala."

Sarah gave them a tight smile before landing her eyes on Gerald's. She saw the hurt in them but what can she do. Her love for him faded overtime and it couldn't be brought back anymore. She's too happy and in love with the man who helped her get over the pain he caused. 

......

"I knew it. See, what did I tell you love. He's using the movie to get close to you again. I fucking knew it." Matteo said in the back of his car. His driver was in the front taking them to his house in Alabang.

"Sssshh-shh okay na po... okay?" Sarah said cupping his face, obviously working her charms to get him to calm down.

"Tapos na yung movie at konting promo na lang okay love?" She said inching her face to his.

Matteo smirked and gave out a chuckle. He knows his girlfriend way too well.

"I know what you're doing, Sarah." He said emphasizing her name.

"Ano?" She asked innocently before giving him a smack on the lips. "Wala." *kiss* "Akong." *kiss* "Gi-" *kiss* "Na-" *kiss* "Gawa." and finally she gave him one last kiss before making herself comfortable in her seat- a naughty yet goofy grin plastered on her face.

"You," Matteo replied pointing a finger as he gets closer to her ear, "will get in so much trouble when we get home." 

Matteo's whisper elicited all the hair on the back of  her neck to stand up as well as goosebumps to form on her arms. She felt hot all of a sudden as her face flushed in the color pink.

"You excited love?' Matteo naughtily asked her.

"Heh! Gagi ka." She retorted giving him a pinch on his side.

"Ow! Love that hurts ha." He said laughing as he wrapped his right arm around her. He then turned serious and kissed her forehead before saying what he always says right after doing so.

"I love you."

Sarah felt the sincerity in his voice- she's amazed how it stayed and sounded the same ever since the beginning. She too wrapped both of her arms around his torso before replying.

"I love you too mahal ko..."

......

It was the last day of Sarah and Gerald's "promo days" and all they had left was a mall show. 

Gerald had intended to keep their relationship even as just friends, but he noticed how Sarah's action towards him changed after his confession- even though it saddens him, he completely understands. They had a past and she's now in a relationship; it's just not a good mix and he knows it wouldn't work out considering the circumstances.

He's accepted it all and is trying to move on. It's the best thing to do, he thought.

After their duet and interview on stage, Sarah and Gerald remain quite inside their tent while gathering their things. Every once in awhile they would catch each other's eyes which then would result in a friendly yet shy smile.

Sarah was about to leave without saying goodbye but remembered how she did share some wonderful memories with this man. Leaving without any word and parting after their movie this way would just make her sad in the end.

"Aah Ge..." She said turning around to face him; her glam team waiting outside the tent.

"Alam mo... Everything from the past makes me the way I am now, at kasama ka nadin dun. Meaning naging part ka ng ano man ako ngayon. Wether kung galing yun sa mga sakit okay lang. Pero hindi yung ang mahalaga, and mahalaga ay yung mga happy memories natin. Madami din yun... I will always treasure them Ge, so thank you. Pero hangang dun nalang... One day mahahanap mo din sya, yung para sayo." She said giving him a genuine smile.

Gerald understood what she was trying to do- she was saying goodbye; for good. Cutting off any hope left in him of them getting back to how they were before. His eyes were a bit teary as he walked close to her. His eyes asking permission to hold her one last time. And somehow Sarah got the message and initiated the sweet yet bitter embrace.

Gerald let go of her as he wiped the tears the were about to fall from his eyes. He gave her a forced smile before saying farewell to the girl of his dreams.

"Bye Sarah... Take care of yourself. I wish you all the best, see you around sa ASAP?" Gerald tried to joke around.

Sarah laughed, "Oo naman. Sige na, bye Ge..."

She gave him one last smile before heading out the tent, welcomed by the many screaming fans of their tandem. Little do they know this would be the last time they'll ever be paired in any project.