Far from home

🌜Hello dear readers! I'm having some crazy things happening in my life right now, so I'm doing my best to write while its happening so please forgive the time between. I will try never to go more than a week, but I hope that that was the last gaping but no promises. Song to the side is great!🌛

••••••••••• KIN'S POV ••••••••••••

I rise from my kneeling position next to Zak's fallen body as I see Vexus approach it. It is his right to lay his brother, maybe not by blood but by love, to rest. I watch almost frozen as he scopes up Zak's small frame from the filthy ground, and walk slowly into the forest. I know when he feels he has reached to perfect spot he will lay him down for his eternal rest.

I look over to see Spyke has also turned to watch Vexus disappear into the trees. After a few short moments his almost serene face changes to something dark and menacing before he storms off in the direction of the house. After a glance around I notice that Thorne is finished as is now walking back towards the house with the wolves who stayed behind, either for him to heal or to allow themselves to heal. Deciding its in my best interest to go back as well, and perhaps find out what the hell is going on, I to turn and follow the others in.

I allow my mind to wander, and it immediately goes to the rouge newborn. It's extremely rare for a newborn to be without a maker by their side, as the maker is who is responsible for teaching their prodigy the ins and outs of being a vampire. In my life I have only known a handful of newborns left to wander helpless and alone.

Each one of those were alone for various reasons, one because the maker thought the transformation hadn't taken so he had left the newborn to fend for them self. Luckily she was found by myself before the bloodlust had taken her and I was able to save her.

The second was alone because their maker had died in the process of turning them, extremely rare but it has happened a few times over the centuries. When he was found he was to far gone and had to be taken out. The third was alone because she left her maker around her rebirth. A lovely but cunning woman, she had convinced a vampire she was in love with him, and wished to spend eternity with him. Once turned she fled, straight into the arms of her human lover, and promptly killed him when the bloodlust set in.

The final was alone because they weren't made out of love or devotion, but out of spite. A vampire woman discovered her husband, who wasn't aware his wife was a vampire, was seeing another woman behind her back decided to get revenge. She attacked him when he returned from his mistress and changed him. Before he woke up she kidnaped his lover and brought her to the home. When her husband awoke she gave him told him he could spend eternity with her alone, or he could kill his mistress. When he refused to do either she left him locked up with his mistress until the hunger took over and he drained her. As soon as the mistress was indeed dead the wife left her husband alone locked in the room knowing that the hunger would strike again and he would break out.

The husband did break free from the home and went on a year long killing spree before he was caught and dealt with. The wife was also dealt with, as its a crime in our world to abandon your fledgling.

I can't help but wonder how this newborn came to be alone. Only one way to find out, and bows as good of time as any. I know Severin would have taken him down to the basement, where our other unwanted visitor still remained. Without a second thought I head straight through the house and into the basement.

I pass by our other guest, the hunter Mayka, who though cleaned up now, is still firmly attached to a chair, and move deeper into the basement. It's not had to find my way, all I had to to was follow the hissing and snarling coming from the newborn.

Upon reaching the back room I first notice that the room is rather full. Standing around the fledgling chained heavily and kneeling on the floor is Severin, standing next to him is Skyler, and I can't help the skip of my heart at knowing he's standing so close to danger. Rayven is standing against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest and completely at ease. Next to him is Spyke, looking torn between wanting to flee the room, and eating to tear the rouge apart.

"Where is your maker?" Severin snarls into the face of the fledgling. "Answer me!" When he still gets no reply he harshly strikes the face of the newborn with a length of chain gripped tightly in his hand. I can see the frustration crease the corners of my brothers mouth when all the newborn does is hiss once more. Rayven pushes himself off the wall and walks towards Spyke. I watch the newborn as his eyes follow Rayven's movements, and when Rayven reaches Spyke, he attempts to push himself to his feet as a deep and truly feral growl rips itself from his mouth.

My eyes fly up and connect with my brothers as the reality of the situation becomes clear. Severin steps forward after allowing the chain to drop from his hand, and approaches Spyke. The closer he for the deeper and more threatening the sounds became. Only one way to prove the theory that had formed within our minds.

Without warning Severin and I launched ourselves at Spyke, and sink our teeth into his throat.

••••••••••••••••• SPYKE'S POV •••••••••••••••

I'm torn from my thoughts when Severin and Kin attack my throat. Both press the fangs in, but neither one do anymore than just barely break the skin. I gasp out in surprise and confusion, but before I can voice it I hear Skyler's voice in my head,"relax, their testing a theory with the newborn. Try to make it look real, like your actually being attacked or this won't work."

I can't help but wonder what the hell this is going to prove, but rather than waste the time to argue I decide to play along. I gasp out once more and throw my arms up, and grip both men in a 'failed' attempt to free myself. I let my body drop slightly in their grasp knowing they had a firm grip on me and that they wouldn't allow me to fall. Rayven and Skyler move to our side and appear to be trying to 'free' me from their grasp.

I allow my breaths to become ragged, as though I'm truly being drained, and focus my mind to try an slow my heartbeat to make it more real. I can hear the chains rattling as the newborn struggles to free himself. The more limp my body becomes the harder he fights to free himself, and the louder his snarls and hisses become.

My body drops lower still as I lean harder on them, an I prepare to be laid down on the cool hard floor as they 'drain' me, but I can't help but snap straight to my feet when the fledging speaks his only word since arriving here.

"MINE"

••••••••••••••• UNKNOWN POV •••••••••••

NO, NO, NO!!! I can not allow this to happen. I fight with everything I have in me, I feel my mind coming back as I watch the beautiful creature before me struggle to escape the clutches of those draining the very life from him.

I can't break the chains holding me down, and my sanity fights my inner beast for control, and for the first time since I awoke alone in the field, it gains the upper hand. "MINE"

The moment the words slip past my lips the beautiful creature, or man rather, leaps straight to his feet, leaving his attackers still kneeling. A look of confusion passes over his face as I watch the small pinprick wounds in his throat close. "What did you say?" He asks as he steps towards me. I find myself wishing I could stand, but the chains keep me firmly on my knees, and I can only look up into his amazing face.

I open my mouth to speak again, "Mine" and I barely recognize my own voice, its so rough now, and I know its because I haven't spoken words in such a long time. "Your mine, and I'm yours."

With those words I sealed my fate.