3

My cries had softened by now and I could begin to hear him shuffle around my side once more.

"You know," he started, again, as he rustled around the countertop nearby.

I closed my eyes, remaining on my side.

"I'm going to have to punish you for that, Anna."

He slammed something down on the counter, making me flinch in place.

He scraped his feet around some more afterwards, and then fell to silence.

"Get up," he commanded.

I slowly reopened my eyelids.

"Anna..."

I didn't move.

I bit my lip.

He let out a sigh, and then proceeded to step around me, now placing his feet directly in front of my range of sight.

"Get up," he repeated, a hint of irritation laced in his voice.

I felt another tear come to one eye.

Still, I couldn't brave myself enough to move.

Another second or two passed, and then he knelt down in front of my face.

I steadily glanced up at him and, at the same moment, he reached down and snatched both of my wrists off of the ground, one in each of his hands.

He immediately stood, again, and tugged my limp arms upwards in the process.

"No!" I shouted, using my body weight to pull back from his grasp.

He continued to pull me, forcing me up to a stand.

"No!" I repeated, my tone turning desperate.

He let go of my right hand, turned to the side, and began to step towards the table a few feet away, keeping a strong hold on my other.

"No," I cried. "Stop!"

He pulled me behind his path, and I stumbled along as I continued to try to resist his strength.

"No, no, no," I mumbled, feeling a soft sob coming to my expression as he turned around and moved his grip onto my upper arms.

He twisted sharply to the left, pulling me with him, and then threw me backwards.

I staggered back and fell into the chair I had sat in previously.

I grabbed at the edges of the seat underneath me as he whipped himself back around.

I let out the sob I had been keeping inside once he stepped up to the counter straight ahead.

I cried as I watched him throw part of a long, orange extension cord on the ground behind himself. He then snatched a large, blue and silver device of some sort up into one hand, turned around, bent over to swipe up the end of the orange cable, and started to step back over to where I uncomfortably rested.

Once he was close enough, he slammed the large mechanism onto the table by my side.

It was then that I realized it was a metal clothing iron.

He swiftly unwrapped the black cord from the base of the steamer and plugged it into the extension cable in his other hand.

I stared as a tiny red light instantly illuminated from the side of the iron.

After that, he let the bundle of cords fall to the ground, and turned towards me.

"Don't worry, it won't take long," he assured, a smile creeping into his expression. "It's brand new."