cosy mornings (max caulfield x reader)

(transferred from my tumblr, allucinoctis)

yES i still adore life is strange

no i will probably never get over it

anyhoo prepare yourselves for more max fics bc dammit i love my lil maxie so much !!

aLSO, there will be mentions of sex scenes (not outright smut) so if that makes you squeamish, you've been warned ;)

//

it's fairly early in the morning when you awake, snuggled under several layers of duvets, max's arms wound round your torso, her face nestled into your neck. you feel her gentle breaths on your skin as she peacefully sleeps. smiling, you thread your fingers through her chestnut hair affectionately. you love these moments; times where there's nothing but the two of you together, undisturbed.

checking the time, you see it's around 10am, so you decide to try making some breakfast.

slowly, you ease max's arms off you. she frowns in her sleep, and you inwardly laugh at your girlfriend as she grabs a pillow to substitute your absence, loving her a little more.

walking through your apartment to the kitchen, you dwell on how things have panned out for you and the brunette asleep in your bedroom. to be honest, you weren't expecting anything eventful in your life for a while, and to have max tumble in it all of a sudden just half a year ago still surprises you.

she was travelling around europe when you two first met - she was staying in a hotel in paris, your home city. you had lived here all your life and it wasn't uncommon to have americans passing through and touring the city. as most foreigners do, she got lost and you happened to be a helpful stranger, approaching her.

you were just passing through, planning to buy some groceries that day. you noticed max, awfully confused, glancing round the streets, her sky-blue eyes darting from her phone screen to the buildings. lost tourists were a common sight for parisians, and you felt kind of sorry for this little brunette.

"excuse me, miss?" you always had been slightly insecure communicating with english speakers because you were aware of your slight accent, but this one looked instantly relieved by someone speaking to her. "are you lost? do you need help?"

"yes! oh yes, i am very lost." she answers.

ah, american. you note her accent. she wasn't one of those annoying ones, though, who travelled in large, loud groups, wearing stripes and berets and speaking french with heavy accents, "bonjour! comment allez-vous?"

"i'm looking for the henri cartier bresson foundation." she states, showing a big white building on her phone. you instantly recognise it. "do you know where it is?"

"oh, the photography gallery? that's not far from here; down to the bottom of the road, take two rights then take the second left. i could walk you there if you want." you offer. there's nothing you had to do today other than buy groceries. why not help the lost girl?

"i'd really appreciate that, thank you!" she smiles as you two begin walking. "can i ask, what's your name?"

you smile back and introduce yourself, stating your first and last name.

"max caulfield," she says, "humble american at your service."

the two of you laugh.

"you're funny, max. different from other americans."

"how so?" she asks curiously, looking at you.

"well, for starters, you're not wearing those ugly berets foreigners think we're obsessed with. i've only ever seen an actual french person wear those once." you comment.