CH 4: Just a New Year's Eve party

Start from the beginning

She turned around and saw a really tall guy with jet black hair and brown eyes smile down at her.

Even with my heels I'm still short.

"Hey," she smiled back.

"You wanna dance?"

She nodded and took one last gulp of her drink before dumping the rest down the sink and throwing the cup away. The guy laughed at her hurried actions.

They walked to the 'dance floor'.

Some song with a heavy bass was playing. Toni's never heard it before, she's never been a huge fan of music.

Pressing her back against his front she rocked her hips to the music.

This is why she liked parties. She always met new people. In the span of that song she learned the guys name was Adam and he played for the schools football team.

Adam tried, he tried hard, to get her upstairs with him but she wasn't having it. Yeah he was a nice guy but she wouldn't just sleep with him after only knowing him less than half an hour. She wasn't 'that' girl. Yeah, she did sleep with a few guys before but she knew them as classmates or accquantances.

She danced with him to a much slower song, keeping him close to her as she faced him. He was cute and if they actually knew each other long enough she'd definitely date him but not tonight.

After that dance they exchanged their goobyes and 'have a nice time's.

Toni left the crowd of people and grabbed herself another drink. Something less strong.

She jumped and nearly shrieked when she felt a hand swat her butt. She had the nerve to slap whoever it was in the face, learning a lesson or two from Luna, until she saw who it was.

"What the hell Darren."

He chuckled, "Hey." He crossed his arms and leaned his elbows on the counter next to her.

She rolled her eyes, "Have you seen Luna?" She was getting worried about her friend. Yes, she'd be with Jeremy but Toni hasn't seen her since they departed moments ago.

"She went to get some fresh air with Jeremy."

She nodded.

"When did you guys get here?" he asked.

"Not even half an hour ago."

"Damn, talk about fashionably late. The party started at 10."

"Wow, an hour late, big deal."

"It's eleven thirty."

"So."

"Nearly New Year's..."

"And?..."

"Nevermind" he chuckled.

"Who are you here with?"

"Nosy much?"

"Whatever" she rolled her eyes.

Can't he just answer the damn question.

"I see you feelin' some type of way so I'll answer. I didn't come with anybody...happy?"

"Yeah, whatever."

"Who did you come here with...besides Luna."

"Just her but she sort of ditched me."

"You're such a loner," he smiled.

"I met some people...geesh."

"Who?"

"Nosy much" she teased, using his line against him.