You're Safe

"Did it hurt?""A little

"Did it hurt?"
"A little."
"Is it permanent?"
"So far."
I laughed at the pair and smiled.

"And you. Look at you pretty face, you're fighting. What got you to fight?" Bucky asked smiling at me as we ran trying to find a way out, but before I could respond I saw him.

"Captain America and Miss. America! How exciting, I am a great fan of your films," Shmidt said walking not taking his eyes off of us. I felt Bucky push me behind him even though I tried to stand my ground not wanting to move. Looking back at Bucky I noticed he had fear, anger, and concern written all his face. I couldn't help noticed he wasn't looking at Shmidt, but Zola.

Steve and Shmidt starting walking to the middle of the platform as Shmidt said, "So, Dr. Erskine managed it after all. Not exactly an improvement, but impressive." Hit him Steve, I thought. Punch. My eyes widen as Steve actually did hit him and said, "You have no idea." Shmidt punched Steve back, but ended up hitting his shield making a dent in it and tried punching him again and this time managed to punch Steve and knock him off his feet. I tried to go and help Steve, but Bucky held onto me so I wouldn't. Kick him Steve, I thought in hopes of this being a new to my power of manipulating and controlling people.

A few seconds later Steve kicked Shmidt square in the chest sending him backwards. That caused Zola to pull a level and the platform split. "No matter what Dr. Erskine told you, I was his greatest success," and peeled of skin, at least I think it was his skin and showing us his red skin or should I say red skull.

"You don't have one of those do you?" Bucky asked not looking away from Shmidt's new face. I didn't hear whatever Shmidt had to say next as he and Zola walked to an elevator. Having enough of this nonsense, I raised my hands and sent them backwards into the elevator just as Steve asked,"Then how come you're running?" and made a closing motion with my hands closing the elevator doors.

"You know I wasn't done with him," Steve examined looking for a way out. "Yeah, well I was," I sassed back to him,"There." I pointed at above us where there was a door. "C'mon," Steve said rushing to the stairs. Damn this platform can bust any minute. "Alright, we cross it one at a time, Nicki you first, then Bucky, and I'll go last. Got it?" I saluted him and said,"Aye aye Captain," as I was making my way across it I felt it shake and turned to see Bucky starting to walk across as well.

Breathe Nico, breathe. Just pretend you're on a balance beam back at home training, but no flips. Close your eyes and imagine it's a balance beam. That's it, easy girl easy. Everything with be okay if-

"NICKI," I heard someone yell. Bam. Oh, damnit who put that wall there. "I'm fine," I said as Bucky pulled me off the floor. Huh, I wonder how I eneded up there in the first place? Weird. Oh, shit.

A huge explosion destroyed the platform and made us look away from Steve, who was still on the other side of the platform.

"There has to be another way," Bucky examined looking around to get his best friend across. "No, just go and get yourself and Nicki out of here. I'll find another way," Steve said waving us to go on without him. "NO,NOT WITHOUT YOU!" Bucky and I both yelled at Steve. Come on, Nico think. Think. Ouh, light blub.

"Steve jump," I said earning a crazy stares from the two friends. Before Steve could say something another explosion went off. "Hurry there isn't much time left," I said hoping he caught on, on my idea. He backed away slowly, "Are you sure about this?" Bam. "Do you trust me?" I asked him. He nodded confirming, "Yes, I do." Bam. Shit, it's now or never.

"STEVE NOW, JUMP!" I yelled raising my hands. He did as told and jumped just as another huge explosion came about. Oh shit. I didn't realize I had my eyes close till I heard someone asked,"Did you really just made me jump and catch me with your eyes closed?"

Opening my eyes I saw Steve floating in the air with an purplish blue orb around him. Oops, I thought and set him down next to Bucky and sheepishly looked down at my shoes as if they were interesting.

"So, how long have you been able to do that?" Bucky asked waving his hand in the air almost mocking me. Instead of answering I just laughed and pulled him into a hug then punched and repulled him into another hug putting my head in the crook of his neck, "You're safe," I whispered. Bucky was surprised at my actions, but soon hugged back and said, "We're safe."