dark paradise

okay so the only reasona i title it this is because it was inspired by this song.

this story is a bit more mature, not in a sexual way, but may just target an older audience.

it is about a girl named mia, who is 22, and just moved in with her newlywed husband after they moved from the city. he has a job as a fireman, and all forces are called when a hurricane hit. he doesn't make it through, and the townsfolk find his body smashed against a tree from the force of the water.

the story basically goes through how she copes as a widow, especially at such a young age.

i couldnt decide if either

a.) she stays in the town, too keep their dream alive

b.) moves back to the city, trying to move on (if you go this route you can try a friendship, or new romance?)

here is a bit of the scene i wrote during the hurricane scene (its rubbish but just an idea to use):

  The wind whirled around, slamming the rain and other nameless things against the window. But Mia ignored the giant clutter outside; she has been in her own little world since the last radio announcement. Crouched in the tiny closed, her dead eyes shot straight, as grey swils represented her cloud of merciful thoughts.

  Yet another thing got smashed in the house, and she let out a brief screech no one could hear. She tried steadying her breaths, and thinking of something else. Her brain channeled to a memory, one that happened three days before.

-

 The door slamming ricochet through the house, finally making its way to Mia's ears.

  "John?" She questioned hopefully her voice slightly cracking at the thought of it not being him, but the door breaking down instead. Finally, a dull light peaked through the closet as John's eyes shown through.

  "Thank god you're okay!" Mia exclaimed oblivious to the fact she spoke His name in vain. Maybe she actually meant it as praying, or she was just overjoyed to see him. But her smile disappeared from her face as she say his emotionless expression as he sank in the pile of clothes next to her.

  "It's qualified as Stage Four, Mia," He slowly turned towards her. "They need all staff." Mia knew what this meant, he would have to leave once again to the storm. She dreaded this: never knowing when his job would interfere. Mia knew the responsibilities of being a firefighter, but this was a hurricane. She never imagined she would be put in a situation like this, and the one thing she thought she could count on was her 'mighty firefighter'. But now, Mia was spending one of the most terrifying experiences of her life all alone.

  She attempted to push away her selfish thoughts, thinking how childish they were. He was going to save lives. "I love you Mia," He spoke softly, as if the dangers would come crashing around him...

and thats as far as i got in the story. so if you want this story idea, just comment why/what you would do with the story, and its all yours :)