First Mission: Magic School

//Author's note: Need a little reminder of what happened in last chapter?
•Group receives a mission from Elders: investigate and kill Rene's workers
•Met one of the Elders: Errol
•Fact: when people die from Frozen Hell, their soul gets reborn in Solia
•=^~^=^~^=^~^= indicates time has passed
Enjoy reading, hopefully you do///

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The story went like this: everyone told this little demon halfling that she was alone in the world and she believed it. She accepted everyone's insults and mistreatment, but after meeting another halfling, though they were a different race, opened her eyes. That's why they became friends instantly.

However, the closer she got to him, the bigger the gap grew between them. Everyday she could see how different he was from her. He wouldn't hold grudges on those who mistreated him rather he forgave them at the spot. She wanted to destroy those who judged her race while he wanted to protect them because they were proofs of his existence even if they did mistreat him.

He grabbed her arm as his eyes gazed down at the grass. "You're going to be here tomorrow too, right?" He shook his head. "You're..not going to leave..right?"

She smiled. "Of course not."

He smiled and nodded. "Don't betray me."

She chuckled. "That's my line, Alfie."

It was something that they said to each other as a joke but it was really meant as a promise. It was as if they knew how their story would end but they couldn't do anything but wait to see who would break the promise first. After all, they were different.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

"You broke it first, Alfie."

Fay raised an eyebrow. "Who broke what?"

Rene sat up to find Fay kneeling beside her bed. She blinked and looked around. "Where's Lurah?"

"He's still traveling through dimensions."

Rene frowned, Lurah's job was to keep her from oversleeping so she wouldn't end up dreaming about the past. "Please tell me everything is ready."

Cherry jumped down from the ceiling and knelt down in front of her bed. "Almost, we only need one more student."

"According to the vice principal, 13 students and 2 teachers transferred here." Fay reported.

This was one of the moments where she realized it wasn't some bad dream, he really did break their promise. There was nothing else she could do but laugh. "Alfie always sucked at surprising me."

Cherry's eyebrows knitted into a frown. "The 13 students are the humans they saved from Earth? I thought the Elders only wanted the Key to Evil and the Key to Light?"

Fay scoffed at the mere mention of an Elder. "I doubt those senile monkeys know who the Keys are."

Cherry looked at him. "Besides why would they want the Key to Light when they're already aiming for the Key to Evil? It's not like the Key to Light will turn evil and join our side."

Rene rubbed her chin. "The Key to Light is most likely Alfie's backup just in case..." she looked at Fay and Cherry, "Were you two watching me sleep?"

*******Glasmora School*******

Jose looked at Jon who had his eyes glued on the guide, he nudged his shoulder. "Is she your type?"

Jon whipped his head around to look at him and blushed. "What?! No! I'm...just curious."