Chapter Fourteen

As the vehicle makes it's way across town, your stomach turns and you tear up.

"It'll be alright." Annabelle says with a comforting tone.

You immediately feel at ease. Something about Annabelle's presence makes you feel calm and warm. She smiles sweetly at you. Her smile causes her eyes to almost close and you smile back.

"I'm so sorry if this comes off as rude, but you and Jaden are ghouls right?" You ask.

"Yes we are." Annabelle answers.

"Were you born that way?"

"We were yes. Jaden and I have known each other our whole lives, however he's a little older than me."

"Your entire life?"

"Yep. My father and his mother graduated from the same college."

You nod and look out the window. You see the familiar sign of the mask shop, and the limo pulls up next to the entrance. The three of you climb out and thank the driver. You enter the shop and see Tsukiyama sitting on a stool being examined by Uta. His soft hair is unkempt, and he has a big cut across his face. There's a large hole in his black shirt, and he has dark circles under his eyes. It pains you to see him like this and you rush over to him.

"Tsukiyama! Oh my god are you okay?" You say as you cup his face in your hands.

"Easy mon cheri," he grunts, "I'm alright." He finishes with a small, exasperated smile.

You start crying and your bring his head to your shoulder. He rests against you as you embrace him. You kiss the top of his head and run your fingers through his hair.

"I'm so sorry about everything. I'm so sor-"

"Don't apologize. I know you are." He mumbles into your collarbone.

He sits up and pulls you into him. You sit on his leg as he wraps his arms around you tightly. He kisses you on the temple softly. He then kisses your cheek, and then the corner of your lips.

"It is time for me to see a Doctor, (y/n). Uta did a fine job, but it won't last long." He says. His deep soft voice gives you chills and your breathe out heavily. You stand up and smile.

"Well let's go then!" You say.

Tsukiyama sighs and makes eye contact with you. His normal vibrant eyes are no longer shining. It breaks your heart to see him look like this.

"Mon cheri...It is too dangerous for you to go. You are going to be staying with Uta for only a few days." He says hoarsely. He winces as he tries to stand up. You notice a large gash in his abdomen.

"What? No way Tsukiyama. I can just wait at home." You argue back.

"(Y/n). Those weren't typical ghouls. They were the ones that broke into your house. They're still looking for you, and it seems they have found you."

He closes his eyes and rubs his face.

"If I had not gone after you when you left..."

He pauses and bites his lip. He shakes his head and looks at you with pleading eyes.

"Please, (y/n). Stay with Uta. Two of them escaped. They'll keep looking. Please" He begs.

You sigh and nod.

"Alright...but you better come back for me." You say playfully.

He smiles and nods. His face goes pale and he falls to the floor.

"That's our cue." Jaden says.

You try to rush over to Tsukiyama, but a cold, slender hand grabs you.