Chapter One

This is my first X reader! Thank you so much for reading c:

(Y/n) - your name
(F/n) - friend's name
(D/n) - dog's name

"That is all for today everyone. Good evening."

With that being said, you were dismissed. Although the director was harsh, you knew this rehearsal was a good one. He had to keep a stern attitude but his tone of voice betrayed his thoughts on tonight's rehearsal.

You quickly but carefully wiped down the strings of your cello, and packed it away in its case along with your bow. You listened to the quiet chatter of the other musicians around you as you stood and made your way out of the theater.

As you exited the building into the street you breathed in heavily. It had just rained and the roads were damp. It was 9 at night and the Tokyo streets were as busy as ever. The streetlights and the moon reflected off of the wet street as you made your way down the sidewalk, with your cello on your back.

You feel your phone begin to ring in your pocket and you stop to pull it out. It's your best friend.

"Hello?"

"Hey, (y/n)! It's 9:15, you're finished with rehearsal right?"

"Hey, (f/n). Yeah. I'm headed home right now."

"You walking? How about I pick you up. We can go get something to eat."

"Thank you but I'm alright. I don't mind walking and it isn't that far. Thank you for the offer."

"No problem, (y/n). Text or give me a call when you get home. Love you lots. Be safe!"

You smile at her words and you tell her that you'll be safe and you love her too. You put your phone in your pocket and keep heading home. You wait at the bus stop. It pulls up and you step on. You nod to the driver and find your seat. The bus rides home were always therapeutic to you. As you get further away from the city, the streets becomes less crowded and more quiet, and you finally get to the stop near your neighborhood.  

walking home and enjoying the quiet night, you hum to yourself softly as you think about the pieces you're playing. You think about where you started with the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra, and you compare it to where you are now.

Your right foot scuffs the ground and you stumble forward, but you catch yourself before you fall. Your eyes widen. A scream forms in your throat but it won't escape. An eyeball that clearly belongs to a human is on the ground. Next to a pool of blood.

You gather yourself and try to move but you're slow. You feel that someone is watching you, and you hear noises all around you.

There's nothing there. I'm imagining it.

You tell yourself that over and over, hoping that your mind will believe yourself. Hoping that it's not actually there.

You squeeze your eyes shut and all at once everything is quiet. You recuperated and you opened your eyes. You weren't one hundred percent sure you were alone but you weren't taking any chances. The adrenaline kicked in and you ran. You ran as fast as you could to your house. You weren't close, but you weren't too far. You lungs burned and the air breezed through your hair as you sprinted through yards. You finally made it to your door. You unlocked it and rushed inside, slamming the door behind you. In a panic, you locked all the doors in the house, and made sure every window was locked.

Your house is a good size. It's nice and big with lots of rooms and a pool out back. Nowhere near a mansion, but spacious. You hadn't realized, but through all this time you had been crying. Your eyes were stinging and you ran into your bedroom. You shut the door and locked it. You set your cello down and climbed underneath the blankets on your bed. Trembling, you pulled out your phone to call (f/n).

It rang a couple of seconds and she picked up.

"Hello?"

You couldn't speak. You were crying and shaking and the words wouldn't form.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay? Talk to me."

(F/n) became worried and she tried to calm you down. Finally you were able to tell her what happened.

"Oh my god, (y/n) are you serious?"

"Yes. (F/n) I was so scared. I ran so fast."

"I'm so glad you're okay. Do you want me to call the police? Do you want me to come over?"

You peeked out the curtain in front of the window next to your bed.

"No. Thank you, (f/n), but I think I'm going to be okay."

"Okay. Good. I'm coming to get you tomorrow for breakfast at 8:30. Please try to get some sleep. If you need anything call. I'll be up. I love you. Goodnight, (y/n)."

"Goodnight. I love you too. Thank you so much."

You sighed and hung up. You lay down and wrap the blankets all around you covering up completely.

There's no way I'll be getting sleep tonight (f/n). Thanks for the thought though.

As you're laying in bed, you hear scratches at the door. Your heart stops, along with your breathing. Your body freezes and you don't move, you're afraid...until you hear whining.

You let out a heavy sigh and you laugh nervously to yourself.

Idiot.

You get up to the door and open it. Your dog trots in and sniffs your pant leg. You smile and pat (his/her) head. You sit on the bed and (d/n) climbs up with you.

"Such a cutie." You say to (him/her).

(D/n) cuddles up next to you in bed. You lay back and think to yourself.

There hasn't been any ghoul reports in my neighborhood. I hope this was a one time thing. I don't want them coming around here regularly.

You feel stupid.

I don't think ANYONE would want them coming around.

With (d/n) next to you, you drift to sleep as you try your hardest not to think about what had happened.