L x Reader ((random one shot))

Start from the beginning

Before long, you hear the door to your home click and swing open, making you jump as _______ looks over absently, but she immediately puts her bowl down and slips off the couch, now looking more excited than ever.

"Daddy!"

She exclaims as she runs over with her arms open, making your heart flutter. He was finally home.

"Hello princess."

You hear L say as you walk over to where you could see. He was holding her to his chest tightly as she hugs back, and he was also kissing her cheeks delicately while he closes the door behind him.

"L?"

You say, and he looks upward before you quickly make your way towards him.

"Hello love.."

He mutters as he pulls you in, and you immediately latch onto him, breathing in the sweet scent laced with coffee that you missed so dearly.

"We both missed you so much."

You whisper as you then gently bring your lips together, extremely deprived of the sensation of his lips against yours. You stay like that for awhile until L slowly pulls away, pecking you one last time before completely pulling off.

"I know...I missed you too. I never meant to stay that long."

He says as he kisses you softly once more, making you almost melt.

"Will you forgive me darling?"

He asks, and you cuddle into him before nodding.

"I know how your work is. It's ok."

You say, kissing his cheek.

"Did you miss me too?"

Your daughter then asks, and he laughs a little before kissing her forehead.

"Of course honey bunches."

He mumbles, bringing her up the small set of stairs in the foyer and into your home.

"What's this? Ice cream for lunch?"

He asks, looking over to you.

"Says you."

You tease, and L lets out a small laugh before looking towards your little one.

"Alright angel cakes, I'm going to put you down now and go say hello to mummy, ok? I'll watch your movie with you after."

He says, and your daughter nods before he lets her down to the ground, and she quietly walks over to the living room as your husband turns towards you, gently opening his arms. You immediately rush into his grasp as he gently hugs back, and he lets out a long sigh before he shifts you closer.

"I've waited for this for so long..I missed you so so much honey, by the end of our time apart I couldn't even think about anything but you and _____."

He mumbles, kissing your cheek. You laugh just a bit as you softly hug your husband, glad to know that at least he was thinking of you as well.