The Blind man's cave! Novel

Start from the beginning

 " Fine, if this is what you really want. Decide it now because you won't be able to come back home. And  Make sure all of your stuff is packed, and in the car ready to go."

She turned her back on me with out another word then finished walking in the house.

 "Good night" Were the only two words that came out of her mouth before She walked up the stairs to her bedroom. Her posture is so stiff, and I can hear her low sniffles after she disappeared.  I walked down stairs to my room added a little hop to my step. My room had a few boxes stacked ready to go against my purple painted wall. I remember after my father left, I was so down, my mother let me paint my room any color I wanted. I chose my favorite color a deep plum purple. The thought brought a smile to my face.

 I know this move will be difficult for her, it will be difficult for me as well. But I am excited for change. I hate to see her cry. I slowly got dressed for bed, I put on my baby blue t-shirt, with some matching bottoms. I put my dark wavy hair that I curled earlier into a high bun like I always do so my hair doesn't get in the way. Even though half the time I wake in the morning moving hair out of my eyes anyways.

 I got under my covers, it took me hours to fall asleep because I'm too excited to move. To excited for my senior day, and so excited to start a new chapter of my life. After what seemed like forever, I finally drifted off to sleep.

****

A figure stood in front of me, a figure I knew but couldn't quite make out who. I closed my eyes, to reopen them again trying to make sure it's not just a dream. Before getting up out of bed I just stared at the familiar person in front of me.

"Daddy? Daddy is that you?"

I got out of bed, walked to him, to make sure I was seeing things straight.

"It's me Kyla, don't be afraid. I'm sorry I haven't come to visit you sooner. I sure have missed you."

"I have missed you so much Daddy."

 You aren't my little girl anymore. You have grown up into a beautiful woman."

He touched my cheek gently.

"Yea try telling that one to mom." I said with a smirk.

"But you look and sound the same to me."  I felt like a child again even if I have grown up. But seeing him for the first time in years made me feel young. Calling him daddy, like I did when I was seven years old. I wrapped my arms around him, and took in his smell. He smelled of out doors, it's a smoky-dry smell that I remember taking in after he went hunting.

"Daddy why did you leave?" I looked up into his Bright blue eyes that mirrored mine.

"I had too, I didn't want to but it's something that you won't ever understand."

"I want to understand, please help me. Mom never took the time to explain because she was too hurt."

"Kyla It's that unwanted feeling,  I was afraid to come back because I didn't feel wanted anymore. Your mother and I fought so much I couldn't live like that anymore. I did everything in my power to work things out, one day when I got back from hunting. My things were all packed ready to go."

As he spoke I studied his face. I could see every wrinkle every line, his dimples in his cheeks. I could see heart ache in his face. Something I have seen so much in mine once he left.

I smiled up at him.

"I want to be with you dad." He smiled a smile I haven't seen in a long time. It made me smile back at him.

"Didn't you ever think about how I felt? I thought you left because of me. I thought you didn't want me anymore." I fell silent not knowing if I should keep speaking. I heard that silence speaks louder then words. At this moment, every word I speak the quote starts to make sense to me.