Promise Rings

Riley's POV

"Latest news about Jason Walker, the sensational pop singer who made his debut four years ago and has already got three Grammys. Jason has announced that he is going on a hiatus for a year! Yes you've heard it right. The 'Mine Forever' singer is officially going on a vacation, for a year! The fans are heartbroken-"

I change the channel. Who torture myself with his thoughts. I check my phone, and seems like I have a message from Lesley's. Opening it, I go towards the kitchen to get something to eat.

Did you see the news?

I close the messenger and go back to the hall with my phone left on the counter and my hands filled with a can of Pepsi, and Pringles.

"Jason this, Jason that. Do these people have no life?" I ask myself.

At the age of 25, I live alone in my two room apartment. I worked as a therapist in the therapy centre in this city of New Orleans. Lesley used to live with me, before she moved in with Zack after they got married. It's been a three months since I am living alone.

I spend my evening watching Gossip Girl's reruns, with junk food in my mouth and Jason's thoughts in my head. At somewhat 1 am ish, I fell asleep. 

---------------------

"Come with me." He offered, his fingers played with the promise ring on his other hand, a habit he has when he is anxious.

"I have my whole life here. My friends are here, my family, my college." I put up my point. Standing outside our apartment, the clouds above copied my emotions, grey and dark.

"You don't understand! It is my breakthrough." He tried to make me understand, his hands now rested on my arms, while his brown eyes staring at me.

"You know me! I will never stop you from your dreams. Just complete college and I will come with you." We only had a year to graduate. 

"The Stars company have sent a contract, Silver," He addressed me with my nickname by him. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity." 

"Choose AJ, choose. Will you wait for a year for me, or will you leave?" I asked him and his eyes gave me the answer. I took a step back, making him drop his hands. When I said my next words, the first raindrop fell. "If you don't stop me now, I swear on us, that I will never return." 

I turned back and walked. Each step taking me away from him, away from all the plans we had together, away from all the dreams I had with him. The rain became fast and I didn't stop. I wanted to hear his voice, just ask me to stay. I look back and what shocked me....

he had turned away from me and he walked out.

The sound of the doorbell ringing brought me back to the present. That was the last time I saw him Infront of myself. I go towards the door and open it.

"Ye-AJ?" I stood shocked. Standing right before my eyes was AJ- cut that, this is Jason Walker, the guy who is a sensational popstar. His emailed made me slam the door on his face. "Fuck." I say under my breath.

Thinking that it might be my imagination playing with me, I open the door once again and seeing his face there did not make me welcome him. I slam the door on his face again.

"Ouch." I hear his voice behind the door, the same as before. "Silver, we can do this the whole day or maybe you could let me in, and we could um...Catch up?" Is he stupid? Of course he is. "Please just this once, I need your help." The way he said it made me open the door.