Chapter 1 ✿ Distant Tune

【Apr

【Apr. 17; 8:30 AM】

Sakurai Shirogane opened the door of her mother's car and stepped out, looking back over her shoulder at her mother to see if she had any last words to say, and of course, the rude woman did.

"Remember Sakurai, if you don't come back the Princess Artista, don't bother coming home or you'll be disowned! Even though your father was nice and all that crap, I don't tolerate any failures in my house!" She screeched, roughly tugging the passenger's door shut and driving away.

The said-girl's jaw clenched tightly together at her mother's choice of words, anger beginning to build up in her usually calm mind.

'The house was not yours, it was father's..' she thought, staring into the distance as she reminisced in memories of her and her father. 'I miss you, papa.. why did you leave her with everything you had? Why did you leave me with... her?'

Shaking her head, Sakurai moved a thread of her cherry-pink hair from her face behind her ear before marching off towards the large, beautiful Hoshinomori Private Magic Arts High School where aspiring Artistas were taught to hone their skills.

"There are so many trees..." The pinkette thought flabbergastingly as she walked on the stone path towards the Girl's Dorms.

As she walked, Sakurai seemed to despise the bright, cheerful school with every step she took; every inch she moved; every memory the scenery rekindled inside her as if the scenery was mocking her feelings.

'Whatever. I'll just finish these three years, become the Princess Artista, and go back home to pack my stuff so I can move out and be free, doing whatever I pleased without a worry in the world.'

While the cherry-haired girl daydreamed peacefully, the sound of a cello interrupted the only happy thing she owned, the freedom of thought and imagination, which annoyed her to the boiling point.

Detouring from the path that lead towards the female dorms, Sakurai entered the thick forest of oak trees, following the mellow sounds of the string instrument in search of finding her perpetrator.

Once exiting the thicket of leafy greens and wooden trunks, a giant, dazzling lake met her eyes that made the pianist's heartbeat accelerate. Never had she seen such a beautiful sight since her world had become cold and colorless without her father.

 Never had she seen such a beautiful sight since her world had become cold and colorless without her father