"Do you like it?" asked Nana. I nodded, which was a lie, I hated it. "We could try and decorate, you know make it suit you more." Nana smiled.

 "That would be nice." I said.  

 Later that afternoon there was a knock at the door. I answered the door to find the nazi-archtype of perfect. Blonde hair that would fall to her waist if not tied up in a high ponytail, pale skin and strangely red eyes.

 "Hi, I'm Morgana Slith, welcome to the neighbourhood." she gave her best fake smile. "Could you invite me in please?"

 "Morgana, don't you know that Emily was just popping out and I'm so busy at the moment." Nana Pauly's voice appeared from now where.

 "She is?" Morgana rolled her eyes, took a deep breath and pouted. "Where?"

 "To meet the Hunter's and the Covan's." Nana pushed a list of addresses in my hand and gave me two baskets. One full of candles and herbs the other protein foods. "The names are on the baskets so off you go." She handed me my coat and practically pushed me out the door.

 "Well, I have cheer practice." announced Morgana with a huff. "Don't try out, we don't like homely girls." she eyed up my brown wire rim glasses and with that she was out of my sight.

 "Homely..." I whispered to myself.

 I started with The Covan's house as it was along the promenade. There were plenty of fishermen out. I heard my mother's name, Lenka, uttered one hundred times as I passed. The sea smelt like salt. The foam from the waves was thick and frothy. I could smell the bitter stink of fish from up here. I found the house easily. I gave three quick knocks on the black door. A fourteen year old girl answered the door. She had short black hair with red streaks. Her shit was black and had net sleeves. She wore red skinny jeans and black high tops. She looked me up and down.

 "You're Emily." she said. She leaned against the door frame. I noticed a pack of matches in her pocket.

 "Yes, I'm here to give you-"

 "A basket of herbs and candles?" she asked.

 "Um, yeah." I said. She chuckled sightly.

 "Come in." she waved me and I followed her. her house was odd. There were plant pots and candles everywhere. There was a bookcase lining her living room but no TV.

 "Why don't you have a TV?" I asked. She sniggered. I noticed to older brothers. One had scarlet hair the other a similair black to the girls.

 "We lead a life of simplicity." she said. "I'm Vera, those are my brother's Edgar and Allan, I have an older sister called Posey." I noticed the Edgar Allan Poe theme in the name.

 "Welcome to our home." Smiled a women who looked like a hippy relapse. "My name is Moonbeam."

 "I'm Emily Greenhaven." I said.

 "Oh yes, I'm so sorry to hear about you mom." she said softly. "I just heard the sentence on the news, I can't believe she got a death sentence."

 "I thought they might've been lenient because she said Guilty but I suppose that's how it is." I sighed.

 "So how are you enjoying Salem?" asked Moonbeam.

 "It's very interesting, I've already met Morgana Slith." I replied. As soon as I did Moonbeam's lip slid into a frown.

 "You stay away from her alright, she's dangerous." Moonbeam  whispered. "I'll make sure Vera takes care of you tomorrow she smiled."

 After I gave her the basket I made my way towards the address written on the card the Hunter's. I had to cut through the woods to get to the little house that they lived in. Every whiff of pine made me remember the day I found my dad dead and my mom a murder.

 "Are you lost?" A voice called. I looked around and found a boy sat against a tree. He had an axe in his big hands. I edged away from him. He set it in a tree stump. "Don't worry, I'm just getting firewood." he smiled. His teeth were perfect. His hair was scruffy and I wanted to run my fingers through ever chestnut lock. His eyes were green like emeralds. He had beauty spot above his lips. He was strong and had very broad shoulders. He was the most handsome guy I had ever seen.

 "Are you one of the Hunter's?" I asked.

 "Yes, my name is Cain." His eyes rested on my basket. "Would you like me to take that for you?"

 "It's for your family actually, I'm Emily Greenhaven." I said. Cain stopped and looked me up and down.

 "Is your mother's name Lenka Hartland?" he asked.

 "Yes." I answered, readying myself for pity or shame.

 "She was my Mom's bestfriend." he said. He then took the basket from me and showed me how to get to his house. It was actually similair to the Villa I used to live in but this had three storeys. Most of the things were made from supplies in the woods and it seemed the caught their breakfast, lunch and dinner most of the time.

 "So do you got to Purity High?" I asked.

 "Yes, I have to wake up at six to get to the bus but my mom things Purity is the best place for me because she went their." Cain told me. The house was empty except for us. "How are you liking Salem?" he asked. Given the reaction about Morgana the last time I left her out.

 "I met the Covan's." I answered. "Moonbeam seems really friendly."

 "Vera's not bad, she's just got to soften to you that's all." he told me.

 "She's going to be my guide at school tomorrow." I replied.

 "I don't think you'll be able to meet someone here as sarcastic as her." he laughed.

 "I don't think so." I smiled. I noticed that it was half past six and realized I needed to get home. "I gotta go." I said.

 "It's getting dark. I'll take you." said Cain...