Chapter 2

I just booked a plane ticket to Minnesota! I'm so excited because I've never been to the Mall of America, and I can't wait.

                    -----------------

     I told my parents I had to go to Minnesota to do research at the University of Minnesota and, surprisingly, they bought it. But then again, I've been going around the U.S. the entire summer for my research program. But Minnesota is definitely not on that list.
   So I pack 2 normal sized suitcases and my backpack and walked out the door. To make it seem like I was coming back, I left a lot of my clothes at home, but they were mostly just the clothes that didn't fit me anymore. And I made sure my bank account was all good and took pocket money, of course. Thankfully my parents also gave me money for food and souvenirs, which had to be for them, but it was still money.

              ---------------------------

     I had to take a bus to go to the airport and my family was waving goodbye from my house. But, as soon as I got on the bus, I told myself: "Don't look back, Eliott. Don't look back."

                -------------------------

     I just landed in Minnesota! Oh My Gosh. This place looks so beautiful in the fall. There are actual trees with colorful leaves and actual grass! This is amazing! Now I have to find the owner of the apartment that I'm going to live with. Hm... I don't see anybody with a board that says Eliott, except.... Wait, what?
   "Brandon?"
   "Eliott? You're this Eliott? I thought I was rooming with a guy?"
    "In the ad it said 22 year old BRENDA, not BRANDON."
    " I mean, at least we know each other, right? It won't be so bad."
    "Look, I hate to burst you bubble, but you're my little sister's boyfriend's brother, so."
     "Yeah, but it won't be so bad."
     "Sure, mister optimist." Won't this be fun, yay.

   So... What did you think? Please tell me! And please vote and comment, thank you! It means a lot!