22

Bella Pov

As I was driving down the road my phone started to ring, I looked down and noticed that it was Charlie who was calling.

"Hello dad." I answered, putting it on speaker phone.

"Bella, your mother called me to tell you that she got your email." He replied back.

"Oh, what did she say?" I asked, turning into Forks High School parking lot.

"That she is happy that she can come." HE said, I heard the uncertainty in his voice.

"Dad." I said, taking the phone off the speaker and stepping out of the truck. "I know that mom did not tell you that she was coming, but everything is fine." I took my backpack from the bed of the truck and swung it on my shoulders. "I'll tell mom that she'll have to stay in a hotel in town, I know you don't want to make it awkward."

"Alright, thanks Bells." He let out a aspirated sigh of relief. "Do tell her I say hi, ok."

"Ok dad." I said, "love you, bye."

"Bye." He said, then hung up.

As I walked up the front stairs I noticed looks of disgust and jealous. I ignored it all and made my way inside and got the same reaction from everyone else. I rolled my eyes and went to my locker, doing the combination and getting my books out. I closed my locker shut and saw Mike Newton, my old friend coming this way.

"Bella." He said in greeting.

"Mike." I said, you could feel the awkward in the air tension building rapidly.

"Soo, you're engaged." He distastefully said.

"Yeah, I guess it traveled fast." I said slightly smiling, subconsciously looking down at the medium sized sparkling diamond ring on my finger.

"Yeah." He said, "umm, well I- we- the rest- us, yeah us, we were wondering if you'd sit with us. Just for today, I mean."

"Yeah, sure." I said, his face showed happiness.

"Ok, thanks, I'll let them know." He replied smiling, then ran back to them.

I stood there for a few more minutes cringing inwardly. Imagining how awkward it will be for me and for ALL of them. I haven't sat by them in a year, I think, I don't remember since half of it I spent in a zombie-like state. The bell rang for first hour disturbed me from my thoughts. The hustle and bustle of the teenagers began another day.

(A/N School- the place where no kid wants to go back to especially after winter break. I have a feeling that Mike Newton is up to something. But what?)