1

There was a buzz on the doorbell, I could only hear it because my room was right next to the door and the walls were very thin. I didn't go to see who it was, I was surprised at first, no one ever comes to our house. I could hear the door being opened by my father, we were the only two in the house.

"Shi-" I could hear him about to call me a name,"Grace! Get out here!" I was shocked when he called me by my actual name, he hasn't said it since mom died.

I walked out of my room and down the hallway to the front door, there was a tall man standing in the doorway, he was beautiful.

"Get your stuff," it was obvious my father was drunk, it was almost impossible to get him to sober up.

"Why?" I had no idea who this man was, most likely a friend of my father but he looked to put together to be.

"You're leaving," I almost smiled.

"Where?"

"Stop asking so many dam questions and get your bag," I thought we were going to my grandmothers house this weekend, looks like we're not.

"Where are we going?" I wasn't going to let my questions go unanswered.

"You are leaving with this man, now go get your stuff!" I looked back at him, he had light brown skin and a neat dark blue suit on.

"Who is he? And we're are we going?" I was shouting back at him now.

"He's-" my father was about to talk when the man interrupted him.

"I'm Grant Jefferson, owner of the Light Nightclub and Boulevard casino," he was rich.

"And where are we going Mr. Jefferson," I said his name in a mocking tone and both him and my father glared at me.

"My home of course. Did he not tell you?" There was a hint of accent in his voice, I couldn't tell what it was though.

"Tell me what?" I looked my father dead in his eyes.

"You're going to live with him. I sold you to him," I grasped for air, it felt like my lungs were closing up, I was trying to gain balance with the walls.

"No you-you can't, you can't do that! You can't sell a person!"I think I was shouting, I couldn't hear myself.

"I'm afraid you can," it was Grant, I looked at him but it all looked like a blur.

"No, no!" I shouted and turned to rub to my bedroom, but a hand grasped my arm, it was my father. I wasn't strong enough to get his arm off of mine so I kicked him in the groin and he fell to his knees.

I ran as fast as I could to my room and pulled my mattress and shoved it between the door and the wall. All my room contained was a blank mattress and a bucket of clothes,it was small enough that you couldn't open the door with the mattress against it. I pried at the window and could hear someone pushing against the door.

I looked back to see Grants head peaking through the crack in the door, he kept pushing. The window was almost open when I heard the springs breaking. He was halfway through the door when I got it open. My upper body was outside and I was looking for a place to put my arms in order to escape. I didn't think this through, we were on the second floor of apartments so I couldn't jump or I'd break a leg and they'd be able to grab me.

All of a sudden, I felt his arms lace around my legs. He was pulling me in and I was trying to hold my ground but he was obviously to strong. I was practically inside when he put his arm under my neck and kept his other arm at my knees and lifted me into the air. I lost, I couldn't see anything and I felt the tears coming. We walked out of the house and as he closed the door, I saw my father on the floor still. That was the only thing I won out of this, getting away from him.

He placed me in the passengers seat of his black Lamborghini. This guy was really rich. He closed my door and got in the drivers seat and I closed my eyes, falling asleep.

Thanks guys so much for reading! It's my first time writing anything like this so I wanted to give it a shot. Message me if you have any ideas you would like me to incorporate into the story. Love you guys!