Chapter 4

The portrait swung open and Harry entered the Gryffindor common. Luckily, not everyone was there, but it was still quite full. Harry felt many many pairs of eyes looking straight at him as the room fell silent. He walked to the back of the room, head down, to where he saw Ron and Hermione sitting by the window waiting for his return.

"Harry!" gasped Hermione as he sat down next to Ron.
"What happened mate? Are you actually stuck with Malfoy for 10 days?" sighed Ron.
Harry nodded.
Before either of his friends could reply, a herd of Gryffindors came down from their dormitories and approached Harry. "Oi Harry! The golden boy, the boy who lived, you're spending days with a Slytherin? Haha this is something I would like to see!" teased one of them.
"Hey, leave him alone alright?" snapped Ron. Hermione took Harry's arm and led him to the stairs. As Harry and Ron slammed the door of their empty dormitory, they could still hear the faint snickers of the Gryffindors below.

"Look, mate. It can't be that bad. All you need to do is ignore Malfoy and you'll be fine. I could even get Fred and George to lend you some tricks to play on Malfoy if you want. Trust me, it'll be over before you know it."
"Thanks Ron," replied a tired and confused Harry.
Harry got into bed, his mind swimming with thoughts. Why was it always him? And why was he suddenly attracted to his worst enemy? He slowly fell into a deep sleep, hoping that when he woke up it would all be a dream.