Chapter 3

After having announced the dreadful news of the horrible idea Dumbledore had conjured up, the two boys sat before the headmaster in the office that Harry had visited on a regular basis. They were both still in utmost shock of what they had just found out, but Dumbledore seemed perfectly calm about it. He was carefully explaining everything about the upcoming event. "We will begin the process in two days time. On Monday morning, you will meet in the entrance hall after breakfast at 9 o'clock with myself and your head of houses. We will then lead you to the secret section of Hogwarts where you will spend your next 10 days . . ."
Harry was barely listening. He was still overcoming the horror of spending the next 10 days with his arch enemy. 'To be honest, it could be worse,' a small voice in his head whispered, 'Malfoy can't be that bad. If you look at him, he's pretty hot.' Harry shook his head. What was wrong with him?
"Now, I know you are missing 10 days of education, but this will not be a major problem as at the beginning of the week you will each receive a package of work to do at your will throughout the week. You must have completed at least half of your work by the end because this is no excuse for you to just have a break off school and relax. You will both still do your end of year exams. You will find out more about the room when you arrive on Monday morning. But for now, you may go back to your common rooms and enjoy the rest over your evening and weekend. Any questions?" Dumbledore smiled, his eyes twinkling. Neither boy replied, both still in a pool of disbelief.
"Very well. You may both return to your common rooms."
Harry and Draco both stood up at once and hurried out of the door. Harry attempted a half smile at Dumbledore as he left, but felt restricted as he did so.

As they made their way down the moving staircase together and past the gargoyle, Harry brushed his hand against Draco's bare arm. His skin felt surprisingly soft and warm. "Don't touch me, Potter. What do you want?" Draco sneered.
Harry felt himself go pink in the cheeks. "Look, I know both of us don't want to do this. I would rather face a dragon again than share a room with a sour git like you-" Draco gave Harry a bitter glare "- but if we are going to do this, we need to sort out this- this hatred between us. I know we will never see eye-to-eye, Malfoy, but for a few days, we need to just get on with it and stop fighting- just for a week. Okay?" Harry asked. For a tiny millisecond, Harry thought that the Slytherin would agree, because his grey eyes looked at Harry in a more soft way, but in less than a second they turned back to stone cold.
"We will never be friends Potter, if that's what you want."
"That's not what I want-"
"Then leave me alone."
And with a sweep of his cloak, the Slytherin turned on his heel to return to his common room, leaving the Gryffindor standing alone in the empty corridor.