Prologue: The Foreshadowing Nightmare

Prologue

               A burst of fire exploded every angle possible; the burning crimson color of death devoured everything within my sight. I trembled under the cabinet, hearing cold voices that resonated my body. Tears ran down the corners of my eyes and I cuddled myself up, wrapping my arms around my legs for comfort. Then, before my eyes, I saw the eyes of my mother. Her ultra pale face stared at me. Those lifeless eyes were no longer expressing any emotions.

               She was dead.
               The blood ran down from her forehead, covering every inch of her cheeks.
               This bloody horrid scene was gobbling my mind up.

                “Is that all?” I heard a voice speak. My ears perked up as I cautiously made my movements. I bit my lips from making any sounds. No squeaking, no whispering, nothing. That voice had a tone of hardness clinging onto it. It made me shiver nonetheless.

          “I suppose they have a son too. . .” a secondary voice spoke out. I widened my eyes, wondering if the murderer was referring to me. I scoot back, pinning my back against the board. “I want to eradicate them. . .all of them. . .till their race is history. . .” he added. I didn’t understand what he meant by ‘eradicating’ or ‘till their race is history,’ but I had a feeling it wasn’t a good thing.

               “You killed a human too, you know.” the other voice replied. That was my mother who they killed. I could see, through the tiny crack, her stiff cold face, was looking at me. I began to bawl silently, water was gushing out of my eyes and I sniffed, hiccupping. Then I covered my mouth.

                “Hm?..” the other voice muttered. “Oh oh. . “ at that moment, I felt the most petrifying feeling cloaking around me. I scoot back some more, hoping the murderer couldn’t find me. Then, in a split second, the door smashed opened and a blitz of fiery flames showered the background. I gasped, horrified. The shadowed man smirked at me.

              “Oh~? Seems like we’ve hit the jackpot. . .” he said and before I could run away, blood gushed out of my neck as his clawed my throat out.