16. Rebel Waltz

Edge's POV

I rest my head in the driver's seat and I still hold my guitar in my arms. Yesterday was one of the the most interesting days in my life at least the last years... The other three are sleeping after our late night rehearsal and I feel truly blessed that we were in the middle of nowhere so we could play music as loud as we wanted and for as long as we wanted, which was until Larry almost fell asleep...

I am playing a melody and as I look around me I catch Bono's glimpse ​on me and I turn my attention to him

"-Don't stop playing... It's beautiful!" he whispers and he closes his eyes again

"-How long are you awake?" I ask him

"-Doesn't really matter... Just keep playing this melody..." he answers me leaning his head in my shoulder. A small sweat smile finds its way to his face as I continue playing this new melody exploring all the possibilities it is able to give me and it was more than beautiful feeling. After some minutes he starts humming some words along with the music and I realized it was the lyrics he had written the day we left from Dublin! Our new song is almost ready I think to myself as Bono is still singing-whispering.
"-It sounds beautiful! Bono this melody sounds so mature and playful at the same time!"
"-The is really good!!! You know when you feel grief a big hole make its appearance in your soul and heart and then is when you can either turn melancholic or make great things! And am so proud to say that we really made some great song thanks to our misfortune! I know some times we were lucky..."
"-Maybe we were lucky but don't forget we achieve what we did due to our hard work, our dedication, our friendship! It wasn't just luck! It is the passion we are sharing for music! It is that we are kind of mad sometimes! It is all these things and the fact that we have a very attractive front man after all!!!"
"-Especially the last one!" He whispers laughing a little and then he comments
"- I would love to play the guitar again... But... Nah I wasn't any good anyways..."
"-You know you did some great work with your rhythm guitar!!! Stop doing this thing to yourself! You are the one who goes out there barging about how awesome and great you are! And I am not pleased to admit this at all but you really are all these things you claim you are! You little bustard!"
"-That's why I liked you for the very beginning! You never say too much but you never fail to express what exactly you want..."
"-This discussion begins to appeal to me a lot" I say and wink to him getting out of the car.
He does as I do and follows me out of the car. That's why I like him I don't need to say too much to get the point!
"-You're right they need some more rest!" he says while he stretches his muscles.
I put my beany and fix it a little before Bono grab me from my arms and hug me tightly.
"-Don't you dare to ask why!" He headed and then he hisses
"-I just wanted to do it so fucking much"
"-It's more than fine B!" I tell him and I hug him back without even thinking twice. It's really a true bliss to be in the arms of your very best friend who in this case is so much more...
He takes a step away from me and then he starts humming slowly the song from before, grabbing my hands and he moves his body along with mine.
"-Waltz is not my specialty but I'll make a try for you dear"
I take his hands in mine and I follow the rhythm his voice produces and I feel so grateful this moment...
We swing and move softly he lowers his hand in my back as he still sings. I can tell he needs this smooth moment as I do... So I just rest my head in his as I am taller than him and I never take a chance to reach to his shoulder so this position is the only one which allows me to have physical contact with him. I feel his grip tighten around me as he moans a little in between his words.
I feel his phone vibrating in his shirt and we stop dancing as we reach for his mobile. He looks at me with a smirk on his face as he show me his phone.
It's Ali! His wife...
"-Good morning honey!" he answers without breaking the eye contact with me.
"-Oh yeah, don't worry! Everything is exactly as Brian told you! That's right I am with The! He sends you his love as well honey!" he adds and winks at me with a little innocent smile on his face.
"-Will be back soon, probably before you do! Not exactly the two of us... Basically we are the four of us together! In fact it's a really complicated story..."he says and chuckle like a little boy.
"-Ok honey! Have a wonderful day! I love you... See you soon!" he says as he hangs up.
He looks at me and he asks me:
"-Did you speak with Morleigh?"
"-Yeah... Last night in fact!" I tell him as he smiles to me.
"-You know I don't want to be murdered by your wife as long as we get home! I'm still so young and beautiful to die!"
"-Yeah... Whatever..." I say rolling my eyes.
"-Oh come on! You know how much I care about you I just want to make sure I am not getting you into some kind of trouble..."
"-That's practically unavoidable!!!"
"-What are you talking about The?"
"-You are the biggest trouble I ever come across in my life! So there is no need to do anything at all B!"
"-Ok then! I assume my presence here is unbearable and unwanted..." He says turning on his heels
"- But that's why I want you in my life!" I exclaim grading him by his arm and turning him around so he can face my eyes again.
"-Look at me!" I demand and took his sunglasses away, so now I can see right in his eyes. He groans but without breaking our eye contact as I continue:
"-But that's exactly why I need you in my life! You make everything seems more fun and more sophisticated at the same time! That's something only you can achieve and I am really proud that I am able to claim myself as your friend! Not to mention how good front man you are! Definitely without you I would be starving or I would be just an obscure guitar player or an ordinary attendant..."
"-Bullshit" he exclaims "you were the genius from the very beginning! You would be whatever on earth you could imagine and you would be successful no matter what! You are our rocket scientist, do you remember that?" he says looking my deep in the eyes and I can't hold back a big smile which is plastering in my face!
"Oh bastard you make me emotional again!" I whisper and hug him with all my will.
"-Hm... Sorry for the interruption... I wasn't aware that you two... Em..."
"-Chill out Adam! You don't interrupt you came right on time for a threesome!" Bono says as he lets go of me giving me a wink and turning to face Adam with a seductive way.
"-I don't think I am interested but thanks anyway" says Adam looking at us in disbelief.
"-You really fell for it!" screams Bono as he was laughing his head off!
"-You such an easy target Adam!" He exclaims as I laugh as well while Adam shake his head and smiles.
"-What the actual fuck guys! I can't even sleep properly anymore with your screams!!! And my back hurts like crazy!"
"- Who's the old man now Lar? Do you need a little massage with Vicks or what?"
"-Oh fuck off Bono! You weren't the one who was driving the whole previous day!!!"
"-Don't get upset love! I can make you feel better!"
"-Don't you dare to touch me you pervert! Stay away or I will shout you" says Larry pretending that he is holding a real gun.
"-Oh come on now! You played the tough guy in the movies once and now what? You have become Stallone himself?"
"-Someone is in a really good mood today if I'm not mistaken!" comments Larry as he pats Bono on his back and then he turned his gaze to me:
"-So you are better than I thought!"
"-Stop it! Will ya?" I protest a he giggles like a little girl.
"-I am really happy things are back to normal! What about taking breakfast! I am starving to death!" Suggests Adam as he looking around with a pleading look.
"-I am with you! I haven't eaten properly for days" Bono says grabbing his arm around Adam's neck as the two of the get back to the car.
"The driving is up to me Lar!" I say and punch him playfully on the arm.
"-I am not gonna fight that!" He says and winks at me once more!

A/N: Long time no see guys but I haven't forget about this story! I hope you enjoyed this extra long chapter! I want to thank all of you who reads and supports this story 'cause your comments and your votes make me go on writing more! Don't forget to press  the vote button and tell me what you think so far! And as things are coming to an end I would love to tell me what you would like to see in the last chapters! You are all beautiful guys!!!

~Unforgettable Fire 🎶