7. The Phone Call

Edge's POV

I can feel the rays of the sun in my skin and I slowly wake up. Bono is sleeping right beside me having some papers rest in his torso. He might had some midnight inspiration or something I think to myself. I am trying to get out of the car without wake him up now he finally can sleep which is a good sign 'cause that means his dreams are safe enough to stay in them... Considering the fact that he never really was an early bird I decide to let him sleep until I will find a place to take our breakfast. So I carefully unlock the car from the inside, open the door but before I get out his mobile phone begins vibrating. I grad it and get out before he hear it. Without thinking twice I answer the call:

"-Finally!!! There the hell are you? You left, leaving a message and you think everything is fine!!!"

"-Brian?" I am sure he is Brian but I need some time to make out an excuse good enough to calm him down.

"-Do you even forgot my voice Bono?"

"-I am The Edge... Do you remember the guy with the beanie?"

"-Wait a minute! I just called Bono's number!!! Why do you answer his phone? Where the fuck is he?"

"-Calm down please! Everything is under control! He is still asleep! That's why you talking with me right now!"

"-Sorry for talking you like this but for the moment I saw that message he left me I completely lost my mind! He was kind of depressed the last days and I was afraid that he might do something really stupid and he left this just to... I don't even want to think about it!!! So he is ok?"

"-Yeah don't worry I am taking care of him!"

"-At least can you tell my where are you or where are you going?"

"-We decided to go on a road trip just to relax... Go away for the pressure... I think that that's what he need right now... Some rest... We'll be back till the end of the next week!"

"-I know let him go out of the city alone is a very big mistake, huge I can say, but I trust you enough to believe that you won't get into any kind of trouble!"

"-Thank you Brian! That's the best decision you could make at the time!"

"-Take care of him while I can't! You know he still acts like a little boy, don't you?"

"-Yeah I am aware of that!"

"-We will be in touch! I need to know he'll be ok!"

"-Ok! Have a nice day Brian!!!"

"-You too!"

I hung up the phone and scratch my muscles to awake my body and hop on the driver's seat. Brian really worries about Bono like he is member of his family, kind of he is! All of our staff is part of our big family, U2's family, every single one of them plays his role like the presence of every member in a family is necessary in its unique way!

My mother always used to worry about us... Like Brian worrys about Bono right now... She had that Volkswagen Beetle and although it was a really small car she was always found a way to take the four of us and our instruments and drove us to the places we had our gigs those early days... She also helped us made our first banners...I still remember our first slogan as if it was yesterday... We thought it was catchy back then, "U2 may happen to you too!",it might was...

She used to call me before our first tours back then to wish me luck... She was telling me to take care and she used to giving me advises for literally everything... I used to hate all these... I was thinking that she didn't trust me enough and she wanted to control my life! Years later I understood that all she wanted was me to be happy! Now I miss all those late night calls, her sweet words, her soft voice... I miss the way she used to worry about me, the feeling that no matter what is ahead of us she will got my back... I still remember as if it was yesterday the days I spented at my parents' house with my kids... The children was running all over the place, laughing and screaming and my parents were sitting on the cough smiling at them or were trying to calm them down by telling them some of their fascinating stories... It was so comforting that feeling... After all these years there is nothing left but some nostalgic memories neither sad nor bitter but sweet and happy memories of who I used to be and who I was willing to become!

A/N: Hey!!! Sorry for the late update but some problems occurred and I didn't had enough time but now I am back!!! Once again thanks to everyone who support this story by voting and commenting! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did, don't forget to tell me by leaving a comment below!!!

                                                                                                   ~Unforgettable Fire 🎶