Where it all begins

Start from the beginning

"That's not the point!"

Blinking a couple of times, you looked back and forth between the two boys who were talking back to one another. You were then slightly getting worried as their argument was getting a bit louder. Out of instinct, you slowly raised your hand, clearing your throat a bit to catch thier attention, and when you did, you spoke softly.

"Uh..... may I ask.... where are you going?"

Now this was the white haired boy's problem, even though he was more of a nice guy, he didn't like people asking him what, where he was doing or going in the matter, and so, when you asked a question about his business, his eyes narrowed and looked at you.

"Why do you want to know? It's none of your business, so stay out of it tubby."

You flinched at how he said 'tubby' with venom dripping from the words. You fiddled with your fingers as you looked down, scared to say anything else, but what surprised you the most was when the red-headed man spoke up for you.

"Now now Killua~♥ that's no way to speak to a young lady~♦ She is after all, helping us~♥ The least we could do is tell her where we're headed~♠"

It was a moment of uncomfortable silence as the white haired boy, who you now knew his name was Killua, was still giving you a dirty look. Not to long later he gave in a sigh and turned around, hands behind his head, back facing you.

"Fine, whatever, tell her all you want, I don't care."

At that statement, you looked more surprised as you didn't think he would actually agree, and couldn't help but smile a bit, quietly saying a 'Thank you'.

"Tch, don't talk to me either 'tubby'."

And then so, you flinched once again from the harsh comment as you looked down, fiddling with your fingers to avoid looking at anyone as you began to feel insecure.

"Don't mind him, he just doesn't like new people."

You slowly glanced up to see who said that, meeting the eyes of the spiked haired teen, who was smiling apologicly.

"O-oh.... I-its okay..... I wouldn't want myself to talk to me either..... since I'm all fat and ugly......."

It was at this moment, was that when you said that statement about yourself, Killua glanced at you sideways, shocked that you would say that about yourself, because from his experiences with one of his older brothers, who was in a way, 'big' himself. His brother had confidence and additude, high and mighty acts and all, not letting anyone insult him without fighting back. But, with you, he could only see a girl who has no confidence, is timid, scared to show what she felt to anyone, weak and poor with the acts.....

To him....... you seemed like the most fragile girl he's ever met.

And for that strange reason......

He wanted to protect you.

He wanted to make sure you didn't break at all. No cracks, no dents on you, just whole and fragile.

Killua shook his head as he tried to get that idea out of his mind, looking away from you.

"Now now my dear~♠ You should have more confidence in your appearance, I know a certain fellow who does~♣"

"I-I'm sorry.... I'm just not used to people talking to me...... much less standing up for me....."

The spiked haired dark-green teen frowned as he heard you say those words, and him being the cheerful teen who has that arua to make people smile, was now starting to have a sad feeling to it.